Picture Framing on You Tube

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

I agree with NYAF, however in this case it was a thread about misleading links - quite the rage if the media is to be believed

I personally didn't find this link particulary offensive but then I'm not a women - You can easily see a lot risky images in the papers and on tv- but I do respect Aine's views.

The other problem might be that the written word can so often be interpreted differently

May common sense or a moderator prevail :D
prospero

Post by prospero »

Whoever runs that site must have heard the Wrath of Mog. I clicked it this morning (purely in the spirit of scientific investigation) and got a *Random Kitten Generator. :D

*(Not a euphemism. :) )
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Hi all,

Please be assured that I didn't mean to spark any controversy with my post.
Framerpicture wrote: I personally didn't find this link particulary offensive but then I'm not a woman - You can easily see a lot risky images in the papers and on tv...
For what it's worth, I'm not prudish or puritanical, by any fair stretch of the imagination (I'd never have survived 20 years in the engineering profession if I was! :wink: ).

For me, there's a huge difference between flirtatious double entendres or bawdy humour and being bombarded with images of the ilk in the 'contentious link.' As Will correctly comments, such images are becoming commonplace, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. As Will also observed, some women (including myself) do find such material offensive. Its prevalence is changing social behaviour, and as a woman I've had to deal with the unpleasant effects of these changes. Example. Once upon a time, if one was out for a night in a hostelry, there might be occasions where a bloke had too much to drink, and he might make lewd verbal suggestions. Nowadays, and particularly in the town where my business is located, they seem to think it's OK to grope a woman if they feel like it. I can't speak for other women, but for me that is definitely not OK.

Just because it's "everywhere" doesn't mean that it's harmless.
Framerpicture wrote:... but I do respect Aine's views.
Appreciated. :)

And what the frell just happened to the "wink" smiley???? :shock:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
fineedge

Post by fineedge »

you have my vote Áine - ever consider politcking? - you make a mean argument when you need to
Alan
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

fineedge wrote:ever consider politcking?
Nah, Alan. My politicking is limited to yelling at the talking heads when they're lying through their teeth to the unthinking masses. Gratuitous flesh-pressing just ain't for me (no Freudian slop intended!). :lol:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Odems
Organisation: Odems Technical Services
Interests: Technical requirements and photography

Post by Odems »

Ooh.... I read this now first. Sorry to all. I can't change my posting as I see.
I had no intention to post something bed and only something humorous. The site "Naked News" is made as a parody to the real news in the USA.
Sorry for my posting and I hope John can skip it.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Thanks for that, Odems. Appreciated. :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB