Posting Frames

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
joh5nny
Organisation: Tutto Framing
Interests: Photography, walking, travel

Posting Frames

Post by joh5nny »

I have a customer who produces custom made prints that are becoming increasingly popular. He wants to offer an option for framed prints but with his customers coming from far afield (including overseas) is finding that the cost of shipping is almost prohibitive. In addition, there's the question of the time and expense involved in ensuring the frames are adequately packaged so that they're not damaged in transit. Does anyone ship completed frames on a regular basis having found a cost effective solution for transportation and packaging? Thanks in advance.
Chris_h
Organisation: www.TheUKLandscape.com
Interests: Photography, Football, F1, printing & framing www.Photographyprinting.co.uk

Re: Posting Frames

Post by Chris_h »

I post on a regular basis, have tried lots of options but the packaging is always a big cost and it can sometimes take me as long to package the job as it did to complete the framing job.

Have tried having boxes especially made with heavy duty cardboard, but they still get damaged. The only thing that works for me is lots of bubblewrap, corner protection and then protection around the edges of the moulding before finally being sandwiched between mdf sheets. I don't get too many damaged, it just takes a long time with the packaging.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

That is how I always package them and how some of the larger print companies do it.
JoeB
Organisation: Niche Frames Europe Ltd
Interests: Framing, Giclee

Post by JoeB »

We have customers who regularly send out packaged frames, if you customer chooses a good solid moulding and has regular sizes it would be best to have boxes made.
Fellows Framing
Organisation: Fellows Framing
Interests: Framing, Riding

Post by Fellows Framing »

joh5nny
Organisation: Tutto Framing
Interests: Photography, walking, travel

Post by joh5nny »

That's a really useful string. Thanks!