washlines

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

washlines

Post by foxyframer »

Anyone had a problem with laying washlines on Bainbridge whitecore 4824? Interested in any comments.
markw

Post by markw »

I think you will find that Nielsen dont recomend using this board for washlines - my experience with Bainbridge board is that some boards washline well - others are awfull. The terschel (not sure about the spelling there) boards are designed for washlines.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Nah - forget Teichert (Pronounced TIE-SHIRT) boards and forget alphamat artcare boards too - Teichert boards bleed - not all, but at least 60% - I just had two complete chevron sets to play with and they are in the recycle bin.

I asked for those sets because of the bleedin' bleeding problems with artcare boards.

When artcare boards first came out - they were all textured - just like all Bainbridge boards, but they forgot to cater for washlines - they would not take a wash without blotching or an ink line without bleeding.

So they introduced 'Vellums' a range od un-textured (smooth) boards that were sized for washlining.

They are inconsistent and I hate them (for washlining)

The ONLY Bainbbridge boards that you can rely on for washlines are alphaMOUNT (two colours) or alphaRAG (very nice - but more expensive than other suppliers' non-cotton boards)

All Arqadia whitecore boards take a wash.
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

bleedin' nuisance

Post by foxyframer »

Thanks for your replies on bain 4824. Nielsen rep. was unaware of any washline bleeding. Chevron has a note on the back (not to washline). no problems with any of the others in the range. When Bainbridge was first introduced, the top paper was well sized; only over the past couple of years there's been problem. We used to use Teichert, but it was inconsistant. Alpha range is as idiot proof as it gets.
Lady Foxy has just come in. Just seen Roboframers post time!
Roboframer

Re: bleedin' nuisance

Post by Roboframer »

foxyframer wrote: Lady Foxy has just come in. Just seen Roboframers post time!
How d'ya know I was posting from UK??!!