Ashworth and Thompson having a laugh

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
norymags
Organisation: Picture This Framers
Interests: Photography and Motor-homing.

Ashworth and Thompson having a laugh

Post by norymags »

Absolutely disgusted with the above company

For sale on A and T facebook were 2 used mountcutters for quick sale £100 plus vat ono

I wrote in comments box £100 plus vat ..deal, almost 5 minutes after the proposed sale.

Today I find they are sold to someone else and no recourse, they never saw my comment was their reply, and the comment is still there..

Disgusted, and have a good mind to cancel my account :head:

Norrie
Your here for a good time, not a long time
Ryan Montgomery
Organisation: None
Interests: Photography

Re: Ashworth and Thompson having a laugh

Post by Ryan Montgomery »

It's annoying but I never count on a third party for that sort of thing. Unless you have spoken to them on the phone or emailed them direct it's hard to be sure if they got the message.

I doubt that they have someone full time on facebook, maybe they only go on once a day. I often only see notices and messages on facebook when I get home in the evening.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I received an email ref these with a FB link and I've just received another email ref an underpinner - I'm sure if I rang, without even looking at the FB page ....... etc.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

If it was in office hours, then I would have picked up the phone and spoken to a human and made an offer, if outside office hours then an email with a read receipt also making an offer could have done the trick
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
archframing
Organisation: Archvale Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Fine Art

Post by archframing »

************************************* have read a report on another forum ***************************

* Removed by Administrator
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

............. and what is this other forum you speak of? Got a link?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Ah, I see that archframing is actually our old friend Jonathan Leathem who was banned from the forum a while ago.

His ban must have somehow lapsed. I'll correct that immediately.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

like us, i imagine Ashworth don't employ someone fulltime to check facebook for messages. I just check in on our FB page once a day to make sure everything is as it should be.
MartyD
Organisation: Home
Interests: Photography, Orienteering

Post by MartyD »

Hi All

Watched this thread with interest.

May I add my comments.

As a customer of A&T Belfast for over 12 years I was disappointed to see the demise of the local branch. Up to that point the service provided was IMO of the highest order: both friendly and supportive. When the branch closed I feared the worst but so far I have not been too disappointed; in fact very pleased at times. In a recent dealing I (by my own mistake) ordered 50 sheets of the wrong coloured mount board; this was duly delivered before I became aware of my mistake. After a short phone call to the Notts branch they agreed to collect wrong items and deliver the correct items. All actioned with the minimum of fuzz, very pleased indeed.

My message: all businesses are in difficult times and many have been forced to make decisions and go in directions they may not want or fully understand. Give A&T a chance to develop their FB presence and hopefully provide us as a framing community with a benchmark to learn from.

Regards
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I have only used them on a couple of occasions, no complaints.
markw

Post by markw »

Fantastic company - nothing is too much trouble. Badmouthing them when the problem was fairly obviously not their fault seems to be exceedingly churlish.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Facebook is great for what it is. Not the place to do serious business IMHO. :|
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
markw

Post by markw »

Facebook is a very good place to promote your business - but it certainly isn't a great place to reply to an offer and expect it to be monitored. Trouble with facebook it tends to change how it works occasionally and sometimes fails to display to your expected audience what you have posted - or what your friends have posted. It is fairly reliable as a business tool if you pay for the service and carefully target your audience.
norymags
Organisation: Picture This Framers
Interests: Photography and Motor-homing.

Post by norymags »

If A and T are going to use their Facebook page as an advertising medium then they should at the very least read the comments that come in on a regular basis.

This is certainly not sour grapes or churlish, markw....because someone else got the deal, its because I was among the first to reply to this advert on Facebook and got a rebuke the next day. from them saying they didnt get my offer or my comment, which they have since removed.

I for one fully appreciate the time that could be consumed by an office worker at A and T just monitoring the Ad, and as this is the first time I have ever contemplated a sale or a deal such as this, I only wish they had e mailed me earlier instead.

Norrie
Your here for a good time, not a long time
Dave

Post by Dave »

I agree with Prospero, Facebook seems to be taking over business thinking and whilst a good marketing tool should not be used for anything serious. I would think that both parties can learn from this experience and move on. Personally I would prefer it if Facebook was left for what it was designed for and I could carry on communicating with customers and suppliers properly.

Dave
markw

Post by markw »

My daughter works in a big advertising agency in Bristol advising companies how to use social media - always trying to educate her dad - keep it nice and simple - its best for selling the business not the product. So nice light witty or useful comments. nothing apparently makes us defriend like a business who boringly keeps pushing their product.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well said that man.