Thank you Peter

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Thank you Peter

Post by Not your average framer »

I became the proud owner of a Fletcher Terry 3100 board and glass cutter today. I've been wanting one of these for the last twenty years and I have at last got one. I probably would never have got around to getting one, if it was not for Keencut discontinuing supplying the glass cutting wheels for my aging Keencut System 4000, but on the spur of the moment I phoned up Peter at Framers Equipment and he had a Fletcher Terry 3100 in stock and I thought I'd better go for it.

As many of you will already Know, I'm still recovering from a stroke, which has affected my right hand side. And this is why I needed Peter to come down to deliver, install and set it up, which he did today. He also brought with him some parts I needed to make proper use of my old Fletcher Terry 1100 oval and round mount cutter. He also advised me about cleaning up and getting the oval and round cutter fully sorted and restored for use.

I'm really glad that he carried out the installation, rather than me. It needed more strength than I could probably manage after my stroke and there were other difficulties as well, installing the cutter onto a rather problematic wall in a building, which is understood to have been standing at least as far back as the reign of Queen Elizabeth the first. Were the walls straight and flat? Nope! The wall in question was hidden by a false wall of 3.5mm hardbord and needed some very long fixing screws into the original wall, which was another one inch, or more further back.

I dont know where I would be without Peter, but thankfully everything has been sorted apart from a special screw, which he will be sending me in a few days, so a big thank you to Peter and Framers Equipment.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Re: Thank you Peter

Post by cleaver »

Great to hear, Mark.

Good on you, Peter :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope you enjoy it for many years, Mark (if 'enjoy' is the right word! :lol: )
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

Peter is great. He helped me out with a Speedmat and pneumatic head a little while back. very nice firm to do business with.
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

What a great read that was, Mark. We can't have enough of these "good news" stories at the moment as an antidote to the C-word! Well done to Peter at Framers Equipment.