Larson-Juhl Scholarship Deadline Extended

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
fine-art-trade-guild
Organisation: Fine Art Trade Guild
Interests: Encouraging and promoting the best in art and framing

Larson-Juhl Scholarship Deadline Extended

Post by fine-art-trade-guild »

The final entry date for the first round of the 2021 Larson-Juhl scholarship has been extended to the 15th June . 🎓

Larson-Juhl and the Fine Art Trade Guild offer four scholarships (available in the UK only) annually. These scholarships give UK candidates the opportunity to take their Guild Certified Framer exam and achieve their initial Continuing Professional Development points.

Now open for applications.
Closes on the 15 June 2021 (17:00 hrs)

Larson-Juhl Scholars 🎓 benefit from a generous package which includes:
✔️GCF Study Guide
✔️GCF exam fee, for one attempt at a recognised GCF Test Centre
✔️One place at selected Guild workshops and Seminars for one year earning up to 10 CPD points
✔️One place at Guild Study Days, gaining 5 CPD points per class

The Guild Certified Framer GCF(APF) accreditation offers Guild member framers an internationally recognised certification for framing professionals. A rigorous examination with an approved examiner, backed up by an accessible Continuing Professional Development programme provides framers with the confidence that they are up to date with industry best practice.

Who can apply?
The scholarship 🎓 is designed to help framers at the start of their careers, and those that have no formal training. It is recommended that all GCF candidates have at least 12 months' framing experience to build up the necessary knowledge and skills.

Applicants must be, or are aspiring to be, professional picture framers and can either run their own business or be in employment as a framer.

Check here for further information and to download the application form : https://fineart.co.uk/larson-juhl-scholarship.aspx or email FSQC@fineart.co.uk

LJ_Mark_Wallington_moulding.jpg
The Fine Art Trade Guild is owned and run by its members, and for the benefit of its members. These members share a common goal, which is to promote and encourage the best in art and framing.
https://www.fineart.co.uk
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Larson-Juhl Scholarship Deadline Extended

Post by Justintime »

If anyone is thinking about this but is unsure, I can highly recommend it and I'm happy to discuss my experiences of the scholarship and getting certified with the Guild, just PM me.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

We are really pleased to have extended the deadline for applications in light of just how busy so many of us in the industry are at the moment, so soon after reopening post-lockdown.

For anyone interested, it is well worth having a chat with Justin about his experiences of applying for and taking the scholarship.

Best of luck to all applicants in this round.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Besides this scholarship, Lars Juhl have a lot of reasorces on their website and packages of information to help new picture framers to put together their business plans and stuff like that. They also have some interesting webinars on their website as well. A lot of potentionally helpful information that should prove interesting to those starting their own framing businesses.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Jag62
Organisation: ---
Interests: Biscuits

Post by Jag62 »

Justintime wrote: Fri 14 May, 2021 11:16 am If anyone is thinking about this but is unsure, I can highly recommend it and I'm happy to discuss my experiences of the scholarship and getting certified with the Guild, just PM me.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for offer of advice, I've PM'd you.

Regards,

Neil
Jag62

Post by Jag62 »

I'm delighted to have won one of this year's scholarships. I only hope I can do it justice! Thanks to those who encouraged my application.

Neil
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Well done Neil :clap: look forward to seeing you progress along your GCF journey.

Jo
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Jag62

Post by Jag62 »