circular (Rondo) frame made with the router.

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Geoff

circular (Rondo) frame made with the router.

Post by Geoff »

The frame was treated in the same manner as any water gilded frame. The gold was left quite bright with the distressing, cracking of the finished surface, being a dominant feature. Side of the frame were ochred as usual.
My business has slowed a significant amount these past months so might be looking for new challenges soon.
Attachments
showing distressing detail.JPG
showing distressing detail.JPG (42.81 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
finished frame
finished frame
circular frame in gold leaf, light distressing.JPG (61.06 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: circular (Rondo) frame made with the router.

Post by StevenG »

I must say, that is very impressive!!! How long, with all the processes, does it take until it's looking like that?
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi There,

The frame itself is constructed in two sections, composite board base with softwood laminated on top.
The routing of the disc, then the moulding itself is the quickest and easiest part. I have constructed jig's for doing circles. arch tops etc.
The finish, in particular the fine cracking, did take quite a bit of time.
The soft light tone I achieved with a thin coloured size.
Pleased with the end result of this one.

thanks for your comments
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Sorry, but I forgot to mention how long this was to do from start to completion.

Was approximately, 4hrs.

Geoff.