Peyote

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Peyote

Post by Roboframer »

Pronounced as in 'Coyote' - interlocked tiny glass beads, customer wanted to see both sides after clever clogs here suggested it!

The top and bottom row of beads were left 'open' so, as we sell beading needles etc, I (my wife) threaded some cotton through them to give something to help hold them in place other than the back-to-back reverse bevels it sits in.

AR glass front, normal glass back with a cosmetic mount - it'll only be flipped around for a peek now and again, or held up to the light.
peyote 002.JPG
peyote 002.JPG (345.98 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
peyote 003.JPG
peyote 003.JPG (375.2 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
peyote 004.JPG
peyote 004.JPG (75.12 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
muffinski
Organisation: none
Interests: framing

Re: Peyote

Post by muffinski »

Good job! I am amazed at the variety of things people want framed and the amount of problem solving involved with this.
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

:clap: Nice John, what's holding it in at the back? Is that just a bit of brown tape?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I treated the piece of glass on the back as per a backing board, i.e. fixed it with points and tape. That's what we agreed with the customer but I thought it looked naff so I stuck a mount in the same colour over it, which still looks a bit naff but like I said, it's just for the odd time the customer wants a peek. If it wasn't such a deep rebate and the backing glass was pretty flush, I'd have put the mount over the back of the frame as opposed to in it.
Trillian
Organisation: Considering the options. Again!
Interests: Changes on a daily basis, but I'm never without a book to read.

Post by Trillian »

Grrreat!
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

This is great framing, quite unique, and what a wonderful thing to be asked to frame!