Conservation framing?

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Chris2103
Organisation: Chris Lordan Photography
Interests: Photography: social, landscape, product, wildlife. Hockey. Framing my pictures

Conservation framing?

Post by Chris2103 »

The recent Banksy Girl and Balloon frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... xkwRNIZgdY
prospero

Re: Conservation framing?

Post by prospero »

There's a profound moral to that. :clap:

No matter how much 'acid-free' or 'museum' or 'archival' you chuck at art, it always carries the seeds of it's own destruction. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

LOL, Mr P.

Bought my first ever bits of fluted back board last week. I was informed that it'll "remain PH neutral for 300 years". Thinking of putting stickers on the frames backs, saying I'll replace it if it the PH neutral fails. :lol:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Don't get too excited about the 300 year claim, it won't be under realistic usage conditions. It probably only applies under certain laboratory conditions like stored in a glass jar and in a dark place. We all know that it won't be true in the back of a frame, acidic contamination is a fact of life in the real world, all it takes is time. If this was true, why would we need under mounts?

Besides all that they can't prove it, as they have not been producing it that long.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer