My framing journey. Progress!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Orde02
Organisation: Northwood Framing
Interests: Painting, flying, cycling

My framing journey. Progress!

Post by Orde02 »

Hello all

I've bought myself some framing equipment recently and can now join frames, cut mounts and pretty much put everything together.
I'm getting my moulding on chop from one company and buying the glass from another and keeping my fingers crossed my measuring is right.

I painted this little Border Terrier sketch as a gift for xmas and framed in a hand finished waxed frame.

I really enjoying being able to frame my own work. I'm sure this is just the start!

Matt
asher.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: My framing journey. Progress!

Post by Not your average framer »

Very nice indeed! Excellent quality of work and it did not take you very long to get there. My respectful congratulations.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

Nice one Matt :D

I love your choice of double mount and frame. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for posting.

Peter
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Matt,

I'm guessing that you are at present doing this from home, but perhaps you have thoughts of developing beyond this. You also are a very reasonable artist as well. Considering your rapid progress with framing and hand finishing in addition to your artistic skills, I just wondered if you have considered where all this might take you given enough time. If you have particular ambitions, I think that you may well have the aptitude to do something special.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Orde02
Organisation: Northwood Framing
Interests: Painting, flying, cycling

Post by Orde02 »

Hello Mark.

Firstly thank you for your kind words!

I do work from home at the moment, in a conservatory, but I also have a garden office that needs some work that potentially could be used as a workshop.
I'm looking to get out of the job I'm doing just now and painting is something I'd like to do a lot more of. Framing my own work seems to be a natural progression and if I can pick up work along the way, then that's great. I'm not so sure I want to work in a high street framer, perhaps err more towards the fine art side of things, making frames for artists like myself. I love tabernacle style frames, I'd like to know more about stacked frames but it's still early days and I really don't know what's realistic in terms of earning a living.

Really appreciate all the help I've received so far.

Regards

Matt