Wizard8000 software issue

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Davie000
Organisation: forthart framing
Interests: Taking care of business

Wizard8000 software issue

Post by Davie000 »

Hi, hoping someone has the answer, I have and owned a Wizard 8000 from new, and the computer crashed a few years ago, so I bought a new one running on Windows 10, again last week the computer crashed a a system reinstall had to be done, I got the software a key from Germany, and installed it, as the same as last time it did not recognise the drivers so again back in touch with Germany, only to be told there is nothing they could do and goodbye, eh what?? i emailed and emailed with no reply I got in touch with the USA Wizard who told me yes it can be done and more and more framers up grading their computers and they can't understand why Wizard Germany have told me this, and to get back in touch with them, which I did but as of yet NO REPLY! I posted on Framers grumble and a guy told me his has just been fixed with the same issue within a very short time on his own computer, Has anyone here had the same issue with their Wizard 8000 and if so how was it resolved please, My business has been on it's knees for a week and I'm getting desperate ....Thanks
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: Wizard8000 software issue

Post by Tudor Rose »

Do you have a technical support contract with Wizard Germany? They changed the business model a few years ago when Framers Corner stopped being their distributor and UK support. My understanding (and I don't have a Wizard, just aware of previous chats about it) is that unless you have a contract with them for technical support, and pay the annual fee, they will not provide help and assistance. Just wondering if that is the issue with them not getting back in contact with you.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Davie000

Post by Davie000 »

Hi and thanks for your reply, I do not have a contract with them but did offer to take one on, the issue seems to be because I bought a computer and it is not theirs(Wizard) which seems very off as the computer they supply is not custom made for them and TBH the person dealing with me is not a technician and really not up to speed If I could bypass her and take the maintenance plan, I could get back up and running, the whole thing seems very odd indeed.
Davie000

Post by Davie000 »

So here's an update, Wizard Europe asked me to pay 795 euro which I did I asked what it covered but no reply but said until it's paid they will not get a technician to look at it. I had a new computer with a windows ten the mat designer installed and the key accepted, they as me to install a remote so they could take control, he logged in for about five seconds and immediately sent an email say not our computer. End of conversation. I booted up the 25 year old computer but unable to download the remote facility as it's a new system and won't accept windows XP.....this used to be a great company to deal with, now they are just rude and greedy, so beware anyone with a wizard, your not buying a matcutter but a computer, because the machine is only as good as long as the computer the original computer is working......I'm beyond furious.... :head:
Davie000

Post by Davie000 »

So here is the last word from me on this subject. Wizard USA has a different system of customer service and support, three levels of plans for tech help etc, and it is a monthly subscription. Wizard Europe doesn't appear to have this at all. Wizard USA give brilliant service, very professional and understanding. Wizard Europe asks you pay in advance 795 Euro and will NOT work on any PC they have not sold, beware if you upgrade, a tech guy in the states told me of software to support Windows 10, I had endless emails from Germany, with zero effect, I asked for the new software, and told it's at my own risk, they offered to sell me a New computer pre installed with their software, and it was my best course of action costing 1895 Euro, I declined and went ahead with the software link, five minutes later I was back up and running, when you look on the German website if renting or buying a machine it says software updates as a freebie I guess ( doesn't say either way) I had already a consumables contract which states wizard mat cutter phone and and internet support, it's still valid, the thing I got for my 795Euro say's " New customer/ installation/ training" make of that what you will, but I have been a customer for almost 15 years, nothing did they install and I don't need training. It was only a software update....now I'm putting this sorry episode to bed, and next time it will be Valliani or Gunner who gets my custom.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

What a sorry state to be in, such bad service from Europe. To be clear - did you pay 795 to Europe and get assistance from the US?
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Davie000

Post by Davie000 »

Hi, Yes I paid Europe and it was the US who told me of the software update for Windows 10, Germany never mentioned it, also one of the mods on Framers Grumble messaged me to say it is not the first time they have had this sort of thing, ( Unevenness) of the US vs EU ..,.I have asked for a refund but no chance, I have a contract still in date and it states, mat cutter service via phone and internet, apparently not for the service on this issue though, absolutely disgusting attitude and held to ransom.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

I wonder if the service is better in France, Holland etc, if it's a conscious anti British thing - maybe.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Davie000

Post by Davie000 »

Seems we have no choice but use Germany, The Wizard Tech guy in the US was really confused as to why they never said in the first instance about the software upgrade, and In the States they have no problem taking over customers computers regardless whose it is, the sheer volume of emails I got from The woman I first spoke to and the Tech guy in Germany was ridiculous, and a simple five minute fix, so either they have no idea across there, or simply justifying taking the money.