Valiani MatPro 120 non cmc

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Pheasant
Organisation: Pheasant Framing & Art Print Hub
Interests: Engineering, Design, Aeronautics, Sailing, Horses, Weymouth Speed Week

Valiani MatPro 120 non cmc

Post by Pheasant »

I've recently acquired a MatPro 120 pneumatic and are finding it to be very good.

I have a couple of questions which I have yet to find answers to and wonder if anyone here may be able to help.

Firstly, there is a small pressure gauge and pressure adjuster on the cutter head gantry which affects the pressure exerted by the cutter head roller on to the board. What is the correct pressure or procedure for setting this? The manual I have makes no mention of it and Valiani are not replying to my emails and I cannot locate any other manuals online.

Secondly we have been using a very thick Aquadia board of 3.5mm thickness. The L100 blade we are using is fractionally too short to cut this without the black blade backing plate/clamp piece contacting the board. Is there a solution to cut this thick a board with the MatPro? Either a longer blade or perhaps grind back the backing plate a bit?

I would welcome any suggestions.

And for anyone using this cutter and wanting to have stops for double mounts between the available 5/10/15/20mm ones then first4magnets have some 2.5mm thick 10mm diameter magnets that solve the problem!
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Valiani MatPro 120 non cmc

Post by IFGL »

We use the L100 blades on our mat pro cmc, for thicker boards we use L100b blades which are a bit longer, not sure if they will work on yours, I will post one out if you want to try it, PM me.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

For Pheasant.
D & J Simons & Sons are the UK Distributor for Valiani Pneumatic and CMC's.

If you PM me your email address then the Valiani Support Group will also help with your Manual.

For IFGL
The L100 and the L100B blades are exactly the same size.
The difference is in the angle of the blade. The L100B is more acute for tighter radii cuts. i.e. scroll work.
John GCF
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

We were told to use the b blades for our blue head, and to use the blue head for 3.5 mm card as the green head won't do it, I assumed they must be longer.

so will the L100b blades work with the green head, and will the L100 blades work with blue head?
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

IFGL wrote:so will the L100b blades work with the green head, and will the L100 blades work with blue head?
Short answer. Yes.

There is a different head design between the GREEN and the BLUE head.
Head pressure also plays a big part in cutting 3.5mm card
John GCF
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

Mark is coming to service our machine on the 27th, I will quiz him about it then.
Pheasant
Organisation: Pheasant Framing & Art Print Hub
Interests: Engineering, Design, Aeronautics, Sailing, Horses, Weymouth Speed Week

Post by Pheasant »

Merlin and the Valiani Support Group, many thanks for the manuals.

I still cannot find any reference to the pressure adjustment control and small gauge by the cutter head - so perhaps it isn't of any great consequence?

The manual does state that 3.5mm board can be cut so I'll persevere and experiment a little more. It would be interesting to learn if others can successfully cut windows in the Arqadia 3.5mm e.g their 308065 with the MatPro.
Abacus
Organisation: Abacus Picture Framing and Gallery
Interests: Picture Framing, Furniture making.

Post by Abacus »

When I had a mat pro I couldn't cut 3.5mm, it always snagged or didn't cut cleanly. I could cut 2mm with no problems though.