Adobe CC

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Adobe CC

Post by Trinity »

I currently use a stand alone Lightroom and photshop package but picked up an offer on the CC. I'm unsure how the CC would perform with my very slow broadband speed which is about 1.5 - 2mb / minute.
Any thoughts?
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Re: Adobe CC

Post by David McCormack »

Creative Cloud is a desktop application so you don't need an internet connection to use it on a day to day basis.

You just need an internet connection the first time you install photoshop (or whatever) and then a connection is needed when the software wants to validate your license which I believe is every 30 days.
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I don't really understand it I have to say, but thanks for that. I generally work on the basis that if I press a button and it works, end of knowledge needs, sad but true. I had this vision that all of the images were up there somewhere and that you had to download them via the broadband - I know, I know, I feel it without being told!
Downloading the CC failed first time and was going to take ages on second attempt, so I guess it'll be an overnighter like the updates used to be for the stand alone version.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
David McCormack

Once you have downloaded Lightroom and Photoshop they will work like any other desktop app so long as you keep paying your monthly subscriptions.... stop paying and they stop working!!

I still use Photoshop CS3 which is very old now but it does all I need it to, so I've no reason to sign up to CC. Trouble is my Mac is also very old so if I ever wanted/needed to get a new one I would then go for the CC Photography package which I think is about £8.50 a month.
Oliver Hardy.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://creative.adobe.com/promo/TPSCCP ... 1&mv=email
Only for the 1st year I know but £6.85 inc VAT.
I think my last upgrade from 5 to LR6 was £60 and the upgrades seemed to be getting more frequent, so when you add Photoshop and cut out a magazine and Saturday's Yorkshire Post it more or less covers it.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Is the subscription just for one computer or can one account use it on more one machine? £100 ish a year seems very reasonable to me someone who uses it every day for nearly every job I do.
David McCormack

The CC for photographers package (lightroom and photoshop) allows you to use it on two computers, some info and faqs here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dotcom/ie ... ng-started
Oliver Hardy.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I bought On1 10 which can be used with photoshop as a plug in (though not with my ancient cs3). The main reason I bought it was for the Resize program it used to be known as fractal graphics and is invaluable for me who has to blow up stupidly small images to the clients requirements. Even if the scaling isn't particularly big ie just doubling size it does a far better job than any trick you can do in photoshop (ie increasing the size successively by 10%). It was only about £70 I think and yours to keep for ever with free updates until a new version comes out next year.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I have access to the full Adobe suite on 3 computers for £72.00 per month, at the moment I'm using Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamwaver and Lightroom, soon going to add Illustrator as well, I can work at home then come into work and update/change files at will on the two computers in the workshop and they all sync :rock:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
DCS
Organisation: Durham City Studios
Interests: Photography and Framing

Post by DCS »

For the libraries to show you will still need a constant connection to the internet but not vital as anything saved in the library could be saved to your hard drive and re-imported if need be.
For my sins I own and operate
http://www.durhamcitystudios.com
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

Graysalchemy wrote:I bought On1 10 which can be used with photoshop as a plug in (though not with my ancient cs3). The main reason I bought it was for the Resize program it used to be known as fractal graphics and is invaluable for me who has to blow up stupidly small images to the clients requirements. Even if the scaling isn't particularly big ie just doubling size it does a far better job than any trick you can do in photoshop (ie increasing the size successively by 10%). It was only about £70 I think and yours to keep for ever with free updates until a new version comes out next year.
I use On1 10 just to resize and to do the soft reflect canvas wraps. I have to say though that I am not getting on with V10 and the wrap function, it does not seem to give me the size I want. Have you been using this function Graysalchemy, if so how have you found it?
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I don't do many canvases but used it this week for the first time I found it to be OK.
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

Ok, it must be me! Knowing that it should work I will look at it again once the Easter holidays are out of the way.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I use my RIP to do the wraps, set up a template then fire them trough.
mho
Organisation: Valley Photo Print & Picture Framing
Interests: Photography, F1, Films, Music.

Post by mho »

IFGL wrote:I use my RIP to do the wraps, set up a template then fire them trough.
same here
theprint.ninja
Organisation: The Print Ninja
Interests: I fly UAV's for arial photos, I spend my time printing high resolution canvasses and museum quality prints for private individuals and corporate clients alike

Post by theprint.ninja »

I use On1 10 just to resize and to do the soft reflect canvas wraps. I have to say though that I am not getting on with V10 and the wrap function, it does not seem to give me the size I want. Have you been using this function Graysalchemy, if so how have you found it?[/quote]

I use photoshop CC with On1 Resize 2019 and then print using Mirage RIP, can batch process all canvases with crop marks and fold marks for the gallery wrap, works perfectly. Set your most common sizes within the custom size setting in On1, remember although its a plug in it shows under automate on CC (took me many re-installs to work that out!!!) - print 100 + a day with no issue A0 down to A4 in size.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Postby Steve N » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:45 pm
I have access to the full Adobe suite on 3 computers for £72.00 per month, at the moment I'm using Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamwaver and Lightroom, soon going to add Illustrator as well, I can work at home then come into work and update/change files at will on the two computers in the workshop and they all sync :rock:

That's all changed now, Adobe did a big price hike , so have stopped using CC, gone back to my old copy of Dreamwaver and Photoshop, what really bugs me I paid £1800.00 for a suite of programs from Adobe, and can not use them as when I install it, Adobe will no longer accept the install key :head: :xcomputer: :xcomputer:

I have started to learn a new program (FREE) Inkscape, which will take the place of Illustrator
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/