Calling all Web Wizards.

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
prospero

Calling all Web Wizards.

Post by prospero »

Not a framing subject as such. Well it's connected with business....

Weird things are happening with Adobe Flash Player. From what info I can glean it's a hacker
target. Today I tried to upload to my website viathe management page on my provider's site, as I have done many times.
Clicked to upload and a window appears as per usual. There should be two buttons - one to browse
for a file and one to upload the chosen file. This time the browse button had changed to the flash
player symbol. :shock: Right clicking on the button gives me the option to run or hide the player.
I clicked the hide option and the button changed back to browse. But it still don't work.

I tried removing all instances of the flash player, all to no avail. :cry:

Don't really expect any magic answers but ya never know.... :roll:

(Win7pro/Chrome)
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Re: Calling all Web Wizards.

Post by Rainbow »

I'm on Mac so I don't know how Windows normally works, but if this happened on my machine, I'd first of all clear cache & cookies and then do a Restart to see if that cleared it. If not, I'd go to the Adobe site to see if my Flash was up to date, and if not, I'd download the latest version. If that still didn't clear it, hmmm... I'd probably do a bit of Googling to see if anyone else was having the same experience. In fact I might do that first, come to think of it!
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Re: Calling all Web Wizards.

Post by baughen »

I don't know about your specific problem but there is an article at https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en that may help.

I've found that running a utility such as Advanced SystemCare (http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php) tends to cut down on the number of unexpected errors. It also gets rid of a lot of old rubbish that slows down the PC. The utility has a free version as well as a fee paying 'Pro' version. Their Driver Booster is also very good.