Just a tip while cutting mounts using Gunnar F1

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
boscawen46
Organisation: james frederick
Interests: framing,woodwork

Just a tip while cutting mounts using Gunnar F1

Post by boscawen46 »

Hello,
I have a Gunnar F1 that I am really happy with and it is serving me well. I cut a lot of repeat mounts and this is normally 9 of 12" x 10" from one sheet of board at the same time. Occasionally it happens that a cut doesn't quite go through one or two of the mounts in the one sheet although all the others are cut through. I don't know if this is a problem with the bed not being completely flat or other reason, there doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

If this happens I have a second measurement saved in the software for each different mount that I use that has the mount border about 1 mm narrower all the way around. I remove the bottom left cut mount from the completed sheet and replace it with an incompletely cut one , once slotted firmly in I recut using the second measurement. For the pictures that I am framing the extra 2-3 mm larger window doesn't make any difference to the appearance overall. Might be useful for someone who comes across this problem.
This empty "socket" can also be used if a single mount already cut to the right size externally but with a different desired window need to be cut as well as it will be spaced exactly the right distance for the bottom and left side bars of the machines. I have converted many single smaller window mounts into bigger window mounts using this method.
Obviously once finished all of the OK mounts that have been cut from the sheet originally can be separated and taken off the bed.
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Re: Just a tip while cutting mounts using Gunnar F1

Post by Ed209 »

Can you not increase the blade depth a couple of clicks?
GUNNAR

Re: Just a tip while cutting mounts using Gunnar F1

Post by GUNNAR »

I am assuming that this must be an F1 Hybrid? As this process wouldn’t work with a standard F1. Most Gunnar users would not accept this irregularity and would contact us for a resolve.

This sounds like it could be air pressure too low or fine tuning of the blade depth.

We would be happy to advise.

Sarah/Gunnar 07976 378704.