designs

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
theframer06
Organisation: dragonframing
Interests: computers and spending time with kids

designs

Post by theframer06 »

hello i am new to framing and have a computerised cutter can anyone tell me how i can get designs as i have to use coral but not sure how to do cutting points.just thought the might be some were i can get designs would be greatfull
markw

Re: designs

Post by markw »

what cmc do you have? ( your other posting makes more sense now).
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

hello thank you yes its a trucut looking for some different designs thanks
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Hello and welcome to you! :)

I didn't realise that the Trucut can also designs from Corel.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

Hi,

The first place to start is to contact your CMC/supplier manufacturer for designs/cliparts to get you up and going.

I know that Gunnar, Wizard & Valiani all have library of pre-designed cliparts and mats they can supply to their CMC users, so maybe Tru Cut have something like this also?

The next place to search would be the CMC manufacturers established forum and ask there. I know that both Gunnar & WIzard have private "CMC owners only" forums... and there's even a Valiani section recently established on this forum.... I would assume that Tru Cut have something like this, given they have been around for quite a long time? Once again, contact them direct and ask them?

Kind regards,

Jared
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

thanks for the advive been helpfull
northernstar074
Organisation: Birkdale Picture Framing
Interests: Football, Rugby League, Films, Music, Framing !

Post by northernstar074 »

Hi All

I have a number of designs in both corel draw format (cdr) and dxf for importing into Tru Cut software and maybe others could use it to ?

theframer06 - if you need some help with corel draw and tru cut give me a shout and maybe we can find some more users too

A lot of the designs are related to Liverpool, Everton etc. Liverbirds, Crests, European Cup, Europa league logos.

Hi Jared ! Nice to see you on here too :)

All the best Anthony
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi theframer06 and northernstar074,

Nice to see other Trucut users on the forum. How did I miss this thread before?

I have done very little original CorelDraw design for the Trucut in the six months that I have had it, mostly block text which is cut into the mount for 'Name Frames' that enable customers to place their own images behind the letters. This is very straightforward to do and requires virtually no Corel skills, however it is an easy first step to more adventurous stuff as it familiarises you with the simple link between CorelDraw and Trucut.

Please let me know if you would like more information on importing text from CorelDraw.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Welcome Northernstar074
Be careful about using logos. You could end up do breaching copywrite or royalties.
John GCF
northernstar074
Organisation: Birkdale Picture Framing
Interests: Football, Rugby League, Films, Music, Framing !

Post by northernstar074 »

Oh I know. I have checked a number of them and there are quite a few you can use. Liverpool FC recently failed in their attempts to trademark the Liverbird. I know with Man Utd that you cannot use their crest in any way, shape or form without being in breach of one trademark or another.

Thanks for the heads up
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

Trucut have an authorised users customer section and downloads on their UK web site. Register with them?

John, re copyrights: this is one we have to watch out for soon: the olympics.

"The unauthorised use of any of the Games' Marks (or any other marks or logos that are confusingly similar to, or likely to be mistaken for, them) is strictly prohibited.
... For example, without the London 2012 Organising Committee's written consent, it is unlawful to use the Olympic symbol, the London 2012 logo or the mark ‘London 2012’ in the course of trade".

source:http://business.london-2012.co.uk/Use-of-Olympic-marks/

although I have the had olympic symbol for years in my wizard cut art (licensed wizard cut art) it appears that I aslo need permission to use it.

So dont assume just because you have been provided with any cut art, that you are entitled to use it.
Confusing, eh.

copyright relating to CMC cut designs would make an interesting thread by itself, i think, particularly logos symbols etc.
WizSteve

Post by WizSteve »

I worked at a frame shop in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympics. To say that they pursued copyright violations aggressively is a severe understatement. You might also want to find out what words are trademarked too, since even using "Olympic" as a photo-font mat was off-limits. We didn't bother to find out how much it would cost to license these things, but I heard plenty of stories of individuals losing a great deal of money trying to sell olympic swag to tight-fisted tourists. Food for thought. :)