Ademco vacuum press

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Ademco vacuum press

Post by The Crofter »

Just acquired this (saved from skip...) but not had time to test yet. Cannot locate manual on web and I think this is an old obsolete model. Anyone recognise it or able to offer info ?. I have spent a lot of time looking at video's on Hot Press website, very informative and I presume that the operation is similar to most modern machines. This may finally sove a single sided lamination issue that has been bugging me for a while :)
Pat
The Crofter

Re: Ademco vacuum press

Post by The Crofter »

I can blame the midges.... These pics may be useful :oops:
ademco-1.jpg
ademco-1.jpg (142.16 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
vacuum-pump.jpg
vacuum-pump.jpg (142.5 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Pat
prospero

Post by prospero »

That's my press! :lol:

Except it looks in better nick. :?

Got it about 10 years ago and it was s/h then, so I don't have the manual. It's been working well all that time. Not had what you would call heavy use. The only slight niggle with it is the seal where the pipe from the punp enters. Sometimes it needs a bit of jiggling to get up to full pressure. On a good day it will go uo to 27psi.

There isn't really much you need to know about the specific machine. Heat on/off, Vac on/off. Set the temp. :roll: As long as there isn't a hole in the diaphram or an element has gone you are good.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
The Crofter

Post by The Crofter »

Many thanks, nearly popped my gonads the first time I lifted it but I guess these things have to be ridgid to handle the vacuum. I will need to experiment with timings/temperature but have you any ball park figures to start me off ?. Also any preferred supplier for consumeables ?. Currently building new workshop so it will have a dedicated work area - luxury !.
Pat
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I bet this is the only bit of framing kit you have that you actually hope sucks.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Pat. Have you tried it yet? Make sure the little vacuun knob is turned fully clockwise for max suck. It takes a min to start to build up pressure (well mine does anyway), the the guage should climb up the scale. Watch where it gets to. If it gets over 25psi, great. If the vac works, then switch on the heat. It should come up to temp fairly quickly. About a minute.
In most of the stuff I do I leave the temp at 95 deg. For everyday things the temp/dwell time/pressure is not absolutely critical. I have been known to forget for it an hour or so.... :oops: Some things are more sensitive.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
The Crofter

Post by The Crofter »

Good news it sucks !!.

However only up to 18 on the scale. I thinks a good internal clean will improve matters and I will get a meter to test the vacuum directly on the pump. Heaters seem to be ok as well. Hopefully have it all installed in a month or so.

Cheers
Pat