The Time Has Come!

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Roboframer

Re: The Time Has Come!

Post by Roboframer »

birdman wrote:Congratulations John welcome to the Valiani Owners Club (V.O.C) and the wonderful world of Simon's support :head:
Well, it has happened, all set up & ready to go a week after leaving Italy and 10 days after ordering from Joe - that's not bad is it, and I've not paid them a penny yet either - and as they like me enough to trust me on this amount of dosh - I''ll never bad-mouth them in public. OK they may have needed some 'encouragement' but let's hope lessons have been learned and I end up liking them as much regards the Valiani as I do regards their mouldings, which is a lot.
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Roboframer wrote:Not a bad idea - it's the only one for miles.
Yeah, I think you should.
Even if you have to pay for an ad to go with the story, it should be worthwhile to show people in your area that you can do wondrous stuff as well as bog standard stuff with your new and favourite 'toy'!

Sometimes I allow customers to watch the arduous and muscle straining way I cuts mats and they are always astounded and impressed. "Astounded and amazed" customers can't be bad for business!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi John,

Congratulations! I bet your competitors won't be happy, when the word gets around. I hpoe all goes well with the transition to the new way of working.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

John. Stop playing with that new-fangled gizmo and go do some work! :wondering:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Well it's catch-up-with-the-orders time now - the delivery, setting up of and training on the CMC put the orders on hold for a week - they didn't stop coming in, they just couldn't get done - but thanfully there's been no 'projects'

First ticket today "Make mount to fit photo and RMF provided"

RMF is not proportianate to the photo - the maths/stops would not be difficult with a manual cutter, but here's how it (the clicks) went with the CMC

New
Select shape
Enter outer dimensions
enter inner dimensions
centralise
cut

I'm ever aware that the scope of this machine is way beyond me at present - but it'll come - and for now I'm giggling to myself as it yawns its way through things I'd run a mile from on a manual cutter - like multiple aperture double mounts with the top ones reverse bevelled - tee hee!

The wedding planner type person mentioned in the initial post? Well I'm saving every combination she's given me so far and will email her the file names for each - all she has to do is ring me and ask for '3 of Joanne 1 and a Joanne 5' etc.

I could have used John for a week, never mind 2 days, but it was quality time and he's 'always there' - diamond geezer!

Mike my framer constantly reassures me that I'm not that much of a technophobe - today I sat him in front of the computer to do a basic single aperture mount - called out the outer dimensions and he said "Whoa - hang on a sec - I don't have a pen"
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Welcome to "Cardboard City"!

I went to the recycling centre with three huge bags of offcuts and scrap this week and it is only two weeks since my last trip.

John.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Here's me and the CMC

[youtube]BGRN39oifsE[/youtube]
prospero

Post by prospero »

John. Leave it alone for 5 minutes for feck's sake. You'll get it all out of shape. :shock: :roll: :oops: :cry:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
fullerdesign
Organisation: shaftesbury
Interests: non

Post by fullerdesign »

Go for it
The CMC was the . best purchase I ever made
I own a Gunnar F1 and would not be without it
Dont let people put you off about space needed
My whole workshop is about 20'x12'
the Gunnar is wall mounted vertically the only one operating in the UK like that I'm told
The MD of Gunnar took a photo when he was in England. Their demo unit in Switserland is alos mounted on the wall.
Yes one or two things you have to watch like only cutting from the front and removing the cutouts by hand
But well worth it if you are a one man band.