Australian Map Mount

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Australian Map Mount

Post by Merlin »

With the new 'toy' inplace. Here came the first real challenge.

"I need a mount in the shape of an Australian map" Was the request from a customer.

Much scratching of a nearly bald head and a few phone calls. Here is the result.

The original art was scanned in, then using Corel Trace - many times until I got it right - an outline was produced.

This was exported to the CMC software and a 'first' mount was cut at actual size to original, just to check.

A concentric outline was then entered at 7mm to the original size and here is the result.

Probably about 3 hours work - most of it was R & D on my part. But now could do one in about 20 mins start to finish.

John GCF
markw

Post by markw »

John
You obviously got around the "gap" problem. Corel is a very good graphics package but you have to be familiar with some of its idiosyncracies. Did you slow the cutting speed?
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi Mark
As you see got it sorted. In the end quite easy. Something about wood and trees !!!!!!

Yes I had to slow down the cutting speed to 100. The mountboard is a textured finish and at normal speed the blade (new of course) was just ripping the top paper in places.
John GCF