CMC Owners in the Wokingham and expanded area

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
rtwwpad

CMC Owners in the Wokingham and expanded area

Post by rtwwpad »

I'm just a photographer who does his own framing. Have a new workshop and need a new mountcutter. I seem to spend my time making multiple aperture mounts for customers and cursing when

a) it takes so long
b) the last box won't fall out and tears ever so slightly.

I've asked in the past, but thought I would ask again if RF has finally got a cutter. Is there anyone in the area who can cut these mounts for me on a CNC?

Further afield is no good as pointed out by a certain Cornish poster as the sizes I want 36 x 24, etc. are too big to send by post without ridiculous and expensive packaging.

If there is no one around I will have to go and buy/lease one.

Phil
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: CMC Owners in the Wokingham and expanded area

Post by Merlin »

Hi Phil
Sorry that us Cornish posters cannot help with your large mount.
Unfortunately by experience the largest that we can send is 700 x 700mm.
This is due the the handling characteristics as used by Royal Mail. Parcel Force and even some Couriers.

I may be able to help you though, My CMC is for sale. Have a look in the For Sale and Wanted section.
John GCF
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Hi Phil

John’s the man when it comes to mount-mat cutting in this neck of the world.

I would give serious consideration to the offer of the machine that John has for sale, not only will you get a great machine but an unbelievable level of support on running it from John.

John is moving the machine that he has on to make way for one of the faster cutting and more industrial production machines that Valiani make, such has been the growth in his business for mount-mats.

I was very lucky to get John as my trainer when I bought my machine earlier this year, John's business name “Merlin” truly does him justices when it come to Valiani’s he is a wizard on those machines, that said they are very simple to use, it just nice to know that there is such a support from John.

The best of luck

Dermot
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

rtwwpad wrote: I've asked in the past, but thought I would ask again if RF has finally got a cutter. Is there anyone in the area who can cut these mounts for me on a CNC?

Mine is on its way - but surely there is someone nearer who already has one - just not a forum member or known by any forum member - have you rang around all the framers in your yellow pages?
TONY.W
Organisation: Branch Manager.Lion South PFS
Interests: Music,Playing the guitar and football

Post by TONY.W »

There is a company in Wokingham that has 3 ZUND CMCs and I am sure they would be more than happy to cut any type of mount for you.They are based in Molly Millars Close.Company name Ultimat.
Starfire
Organisation: The Mountcutter Ltd
Interests: Learning how little I know about framing, Mobile DJ, Writer (Military History and Mac Computers), Legal Consultant and (always) Music

Post by Starfire »

I'm new to the forum (registered yesterday), and have a small business in Woking (25 mins from you) and use a Wizard 8000. It isn't being used as much as I'd like, although business is picking up, thus I do have some spare capacity. We bought the equipment from the guy who used to supply our mounts when he developed arthritis and had to retire so we went into business 'cold' and it's been a steep learning curve. Let me know.
Mark
samorost
Organisation: Framers Corner
Interests: Indian nose flute
Flugelhorn
Bagpipes

Post by samorost »

Hi, have a look at this website. There may b e someone on there that can help you out.

http://www.wizardmounts.co.uk/find_your ... framer.htm
holtons
Organisation: Image Picture Frames Limited
Interests: walking

Post by holtons »

We deliver nationwide multi-aperture mounts up to 1120x815mm. You can design and order them on our web site using our Interactive Custom Frame and Mount Designer. Click this link for a simple overview and then progress on to the design tool - simple!

http://www.imageframes.co.uk/pg/multi_aperture

Hope it helps. PM me if you need more assistance
Regards
Steve