Alfa Minigraf 4E lubrication

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
ShaggyDog
Organisation: FrameDog
Interests: Music, photography, where the cat is going to sleep next.

Alfa Minigraf 4E lubrication

Post by ShaggyDog »

I have just aquired one of these great machines, which I have up and running. It's not new and it got moved about a bit in between it's last home and my workshop, so I thought I would change the lubrication in it - something I do regularly in other bits of hardware I have. It has three plastic cups down by where the air pipe connects, and I have emptied the first two (nearest the air input) by turning the little plastic knob on the bottom - which looked like drain valves. A clear liquid (I'm guessing water from condensation) came out of the first, and an brown, oil like substance (I'm guessing oil) came out of the second. The manual now tells me to "unscrew cap C and remove and fill the filter bowl up to the mark" - I don't know which cap C is, and anyhow I can't unscrew anything which has a glass jar in. :head: Does anyone know the secret of how to fill this machine's oil resevoir up? I don't know if I've emptied the oil that was in there, but I'm not prepared to use it until I've put more in in case I have.
ShaggyDog

Re: Alfa Minigraf 4E lubrication

Post by ShaggyDog »

In case I didn't explain things clearly enough, this is what it looks like.
How do you get lube oil into this???
How do you get lube oil into this???
IMG_0013.jpg (86.67 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
I've undone the two little things on the bottom of the right two plastic tubes, and now need to fill up what I assume is one of the left two plastic tubes - anyone know how I should do it?
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Post by Mark Thornton »

The light gray plastic oil reservoir unscrews by hand then just pour in some airline lubrication oil and screw back on, the flow of oil is controlled by a small brass screw set in the top of the clear plastic dome.
For your info: the left chamber is the lubricator then you have two air filters.

Ps Disconnect the air supply before filling with oil.

Regards Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
ShaggyDog

Post by ShaggyDog »

Thanks Mark, you're a saviour. I thought it was that one, but it was locked on really tightly and I didn't want to try to unscrew too hard for fear of breaking, but after your post I undid it with the aid of a pair of mole grips :D