3000 mic. Cut

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Keith

3000 mic. Cut

Post by Keith »

Hi.
Valiani 150 Mat Pro
I have mounts to do consisting of a 525 x 630 piece of 3000 mic. very hard conservation board with 60 rectangular openings.
After 25 mounts into the job the machine is now not cutting right through on some of the openings, and not always the same openings, one cut is OK then the next directly underneath isn’t.
Sometimes it’s just one side the first top cut of the rectangle, sometimes the last and on others all the way around.
I have increased the blade depth but then the corner of the cuts go out and the drop out won’t come out cleanly.
Any ideas on what this could be would be most helpful.
Thanks Keith
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: 3000 mic. Cut

Post by Merlin »

Keith
With very dense board, you will need to increase your head pressure from 0.2 bar up to 0.4 bar.
That is on the SMC dial on the travelling Y bar.

What board thickness have you set in your Mat Database.
What head are you using to cut. The Green head will take you up to 2800 micron, after that it is recommended that you use the Blue head and cut face down. If you have not got the Blue head then maybe using two passes will help with this type of board. You could even try the face down method with the Green head.

It may also be worth slowing down the cutting process and see if that helps. Hard or dense board places a lot of stress on the motor system at full speed.
John GCF
Keith

Re: 3000 mic. Cut

Post by Keith »

Hi John.

Thanks for your reply, (I wish I had the multi head machine !!!) I looked at the head pressure and tried to increase it but it wouldn't go any further which made me think why. Compressor was at 7.5 Bar but when I checked the machine it was at just under 6 so I increased to 7 bar and allowed the head pressure to be increased a notch. Each opening is 60 mm x 40 mm so its not long runs and the machine seems fine. Did a cut and all 60 cut OK.

Thanks again Keith