Wizard 8000 corner hook

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Re: Wizard 8000 corner hook

Post by kev@frames »

definitely got to get to go one day, it looks like a breath of fresh air after the way the spring fair has been less and less interesting to a lot of framers. deserves all the support it can get. already turning into a bit of a proper trade show with the different suppliers showing interest. Already looking like a better bet than the spring fair :)
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Just so long as Simons don't decide to bring a display of all their mouldings - otherwise we'll need to hire the NEC.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Post by JamesC »

none of us argue about whether a morso is better than an ortegul of framers corner guillotine, they all do the job. nobody gets wound up about whether a keencut is better than a fletcher, or a casesse better than an alfamacchine, it isn't useful to anyone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
Experience can clash with expectations, as, for example, with buyer's remorse following the purchase of a new car. In a state of dissonance, people may feel surprise,[2] dread, guilt, anger, or embarrassment. People are biased to think of their choices as correct, despite any contrary evidence
When you've paid £15k for a machine it makes a difference I guess.

I don't think the Valiani is the cheapest CMC though nor junk though (I even thought I read a few months back the Wizards started cheaper, came with a free PC and had plastic breakable parts but hey I know they are a good seller - in the US especially). I've heard they are maybe the easiest to use which would suit many framers.

I got a second hand Valiani Supreme so am not as pressured to make out it is the best choice or worry about the base models - I wanted a pen tool mainly so it cut down my brand options a lot.