Gunnar F1 or F1 Hybrid?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Re: Gunnar F1 or F1 Hybrid?

Post by Tim »

Graysalchemy wrote:Next you will be telling us you're getting gas and electricity :giggle: :giggle: .
In a similar vein, we had a power outage yesterday from 10:30am until 01:55 this morning. I think I was the only one of my friends in the village still working! Did make me think about buying a small 'silent' diesel generator though. Even had to take SWMBO out for a meal! In MIDWEEK!
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Not your average framer wrote: Some of those who know me are shocked by the news of the coming transformation!
Wow, this is an extraordinary change for you. I think it's great that your business is leaping enthusiastically from the past into the present and the future! I reckon it's a very positive thing to do and I'm sure you will have a huge smile on your face for a long time with the benefits you will gain.

Pleas do take AG's advice on your compressor. Look after it. Don't do what I do and only drain the tank about every dozens or so years! I don't even know if it has oil in it. Haven't checked for a really long time!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Alistair,

It's a double pot 75 litres per minute model. It's not new and looks different to the current models in the Lion catalogue. It has not had much use for the last few years. I'm hoping that the receiver tank is below the statutary 25 litres which requires annual inspections and certification.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Nigel Nobody wrote:Wow, this is an extraordinary change for you.
Your not kidding! I'm also getting some extra conservation equipment sorted out too! Years ago I used to have a vacuum table. It's very useful to have when you need to soak an old acidic support off of the back of an artwork on fragile paper. The working face is a matrix of tiny holes which keeps the fragile artwork securely in contact with the working face while the vacuum is present.

This means that anything on paper which is in such a condition where there may be a risk of disintergration when wet, will stay put until it has dried out. Also some adhesives and consoldating media which may have been previously applied to the artwork can be more effective flushed and reversed to as near as realistically possible to original condition.

This time my new vacuum table is home-made. (I can't afford the real thing, at least not one as large as I am making). I'll take some photos when it's done. I've been needing one for ages, but a recently taken on job has meant I need to get a move on!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Not your average framer wrote:Hi Alistair,

It's a double pot 75 litres per minute model. It's not new and looks different to the current models in the Lion catalogue. It has not had much use for the last few years. I'm hoping that the receiver tank is below the statutary 25 litres which requires annual inspections and certification.
Good Little model. As Ormond reaffirms look after it. As you become more reliant on air powered machines the more vulnerable you are to a compressor breaking down. I lost a week worth of work and about £1k in repair bills because of a broken compressor ( it wasn't due to poor maintenance but a faulty power supply blowing a motor). I drain down once a week and check the oil once a week. Remember to check the oil when it is stone cold like a car.

Also make sure you have no leaks in your air hose connections as believe me you will end up putting air everywhere. The more extensions you have the more leaks and the more leaks the more the compressor runs.
Nickz1971
Organisation: Easyframe/Zanart
Interests: Keeping very busy making frames

Post by Nickz1971 »

Mark we have had F1 Hybrid now for 5 months and are very pleased with it. Sarah from Gunnar has been very helpful in assisting us.

Cheers

Nick
He who dares wins :)