Skype playing up

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
prospero

Skype playing up

Post by prospero »

Ever since this afternoon, whenever I start Skype it crashes a few seconds later. A quick gooogle round turned up a few snippets about more people having the same problem. The recent MS takeover of Skype was mooted as being the culprit. :P

Anyone else having trouble?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
markw

Re: Skype playing up

Post by markw »

If you are still having problems you will find instructions on the Skype website to fix the problem - you have to delete a file and all is back to normal. Not sure what happened - but MS haven't completed the purchase so cant be blamed - they had an outage at Christmas when a server failed - almost certainly the same problem this time.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Thanks Mark.

Just had another snoop around and Skype have issued an updated installation which I have installed and it seems to fix it. :D

http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/05/an_u ... ntime.html
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Very strange, because we didn't have any problems at all with our Skype, we must have the bullet proof version over here in NI? Well, there was one problem, you lot all stopped talking to us, but no change there. :giggle:
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status