Google AddWords

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Google AddWords

Post by GeoSpectrum »

I’ve recently signed up for Google Addwords to see if it will bring more traffic to my website and hopefully bring in some business. It is early days but it certainly seems to be bringing in more visitors to the site. Time will tell on how much business is generated.

One interesting thing I have noticed is how much traffic is being generated from certain keywords. My top 4 key words (search terms) are:

1. Custom picture framing
2. Photo picture frames
3. Picture frame mounts
4. DIY framing

'Bespoke framing' doesn’t get a look in. Perhaps the word ‘bespoke’ is not in common use these days?

More interesting perhaps is that the highest click through rate (actual visits to my website) come from 'DIY framing', not 'custom picture framing' suggesting perhaps that visitors are more interested in having a go themselves, and thereby saving some money?

Food for thought perhaps?
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Google AddWords

Post by Steve N »

Try "Ashcraft" in you keywords, as you are a framer in Ashcraft, and it's in your keywords and description meta data on your site, people do tend to Google for things in the area, so a common search would be" Picture framing services in Ashcraft". Also try miss-spelling keywords as well, both on you site and with Google addwords.

Steve
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I Used to get a monthly report from google listing the top five words used to find my site.

They always included - Framing, Gallery, Picture and two others which were specific to my location.
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Post by Tim »

Market and Deeping?
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Post by JamesC »

shooting myself in the foot here but use google local instead - it's free and better for you as a non e-commerce site I feel.

If you are using adwords you already have a google account so it's easy enough - look in account settings for it.

If your site is well designed you should be getting the local hits fairly well already in organic google though. It's not that hard, especially in a rural area, like mine. Put your address in your site and mention your district, county, local towns served on your site. Don't go ridiculous and look spammy e.g. listing every town in england.

Sponsoring terms like DIY framing is a waste of time.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Tim wrote:Market and Deeping?
Not quite. Used another nearby locality to attract business away from my competitors there. :wink:
andrelewis
Organisation: United Kingdom
Interests: Surfing on web, playing games online and photography.

Post by andrelewis »

I think shorter keywords are not suitable because customers will search for the most accurate results. If they are searching for canvas printing in UK then they will use "Cheap Canvas printing in UK" and that makes the exact results, so target your keywords according to the search query patterns.
carter2

Post by carter2 »

No matter what your budget or how little time you have, you can reach new customers and grow your business using Google’s online advertising program. With AdWords, you can choose where your ad appears, set a budget that’s comfortable for you (there’s no minimum spending commitment), and easily measure the impact of your ad.
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Is this a record? Bumping a thread over a year old. Thanks for the input anyway. :wink:
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk