Texting

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
fionnuala
Organisation: Vereker Picture Framing
Interests: Dogs, Books, Cinema

Texting

Post by fionnuala »

Hi Guys,

im just wondering how one can send the same text to all my customers without having to input each mobile phone number individually.

I thought I might be able to do it through Estlite but John informs me that I can only send them a text to say when their framing is ready.

There must be a simple way of doing this right?
Grahame Case

Re: Texting

Post by Grahame Case »

yes Fionnuala there is !

The Scottish National Party use this :

http://www.textmagic.com/
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

i use my O2 webtexts

have input numbers etc onto website then can send text to them, it stores the numbers so can do it again and again
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

*Cough*

You were ill-advised Fionnuala, sorry to have mislead you. EstLite can batch text (or email) your customers. And in addition, each message can be automatically personalised with your customer's name and title.

You must first enable highlights if you haven't done so already (see Options>Data). Then, in the History screen set up a highlight in the Customer section and give it an appropriate name, say MY PROSPECTS and highlight those customers that you wish to text. Then click the 'Show Only' checkbox so that only MY PROSPECTS are displayed.

Now when you click the SMS button you will be asked 'Would you like to text customers Highlighted: MY PROSPECTS' and Bob should be your uncle. Also, each of your customers will receive a personalised text if you include appropriate mailmerge tags within your SMS text template.

The reservation I have is that being based in Ireland, your texts may be regarded as international and the cost prohibitive. But since you have 10 free texts to play with, it might be worthwhile for you to set up a couple of dummy customers and give it a go.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
fionnuala

Post by fionnuala »

Evening

Stephen

Thank you for reply and will keep it in mind! I heard that your seminar in Lion was very successful and very informative. Well done - i'm sorry i missed it.

John

Wow a U turn!! I really think this is just to fund your retirement in the Bahamas. I mean with the amount of texts I'm going to send you could probably put a downpayment on a place now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I checked out Stephen's route and it would cost 10c per text - would going thru Estlite be more i wonder. anyway will try both and see which is best for me..
fionnuala

Post by fionnuala »

oops :Slap:

Im doing a u turn myself now

Just see your text now! Will look into that as well.

Great stuff lads - thanks
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

well i get 250 webtexts included in my contract, so it wouldnt cost me 10cent each

are you sure you dont get some that your not even aware of

also i know o2 do bundles of texts and i am sure they are cheaper that that too
A Few More Words
Organisation: Fine Framers
Interests: Photography, Travel

Post by A Few More Words »

We have been using a Wexford based company for the past year - we get a batch of 10,000 texts at a time which works out costing only 2.6cent each - the reciepient will receive the incoming text from your company xxxxx also . We just send them an excel list of numbers when we want to do a text broadcast to our customers and they will do the rest. You should give Peter Bradley of Pubtext a call
on 087 2279462 I have found him to be very helpful and efficient, offering this great service.
I hope this helps. Tom.
Fine Framers
www.fineframers.com