valiani matpr

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
kj

valiani matpr

Post by kj »

hi new member here . bit dodgy on the pc so excuse my brevity .anyone out there got an opinion on the valiani matpro ? thinking of getting one . im a small framer in dublin , approx 100 units per week
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi Kj
I have run the V Marpro120 for nearly 18 months now and still learning.

What really can one say, I am so impressed by it that I will sing its praises. Not once has it let me down. The engineering is superb, very fast and will a triple mount without even thinking about it. It will pause though to ask you to remove the fall outs.

The software, initially, was not as good as it should have been. However a software upgrade last year has given it so much more. I suspect now that Fletcher (USA) have taken onboard the V in their own colours, that the software will be not far away from being totally revamped. In fact the new software version will be on display at the Trade Show in Birmingham from this coming Sunday. Everything seems under wraps at the moment, but rumour has it that a new head will be available soon, that will enable 90 deg cutting and an embossing tool, plus other enhancements. Will let you know after the demo on Sunday.

I and other V users in the UK have dealt direct with NICO in Italy if we have ever had a query or question. His reply has been almost by return. The UK rep - at times - has been a little to get hold of and even tie down to an answer. Hence to direct approach.

There are other good machines out there, not denying that. I spent some 15 months talking, watching, questioning visiting the trade show. I took two examples with me and gave 4 of the CMC demo people 3 hours to come up with something near what I wanted. Two CMC'c could not cut a stacked double mount. Only the V could cut circles down to 20mm diameter.

The price also matched my pocket. Infact the difference between the V and the next one was enough for me to get an Excalibur 5000 upright cutter.
I too am a one man band running a High Street framing shop. It was a big decision financially. One I do not regret. It does not need to be paid, fed or watered, does not take tea breaks and like any good staff member does not answer back.

Hope that helps. I am sure that others will add their comments. If you need any more help or advice then come on back either here, by ppm or even email..
John GCF
kj

VALIANI MATPRO

Post by kj »

SORRY JOHN ITS THE VALIANI MAT PRO PNEUMATIC MAT CUTTER I WAS ENQUIRING ABOUT - A BIT LOWER TEC . ANYONE ANY OPINIONS ?

KEITH
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hey no problem
If the engineering is as good as their CMC's then it should be no problem
John GCF
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Organisation: The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
Interests: Philately, Darts, Beer Making, Photography, Golf

Solid Machine

Post by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF »

Keith,

The Valiani Mat Pro Pneumatic mat cutter uses the same cutting head and blade as the full range of CMC's. Solid engineering. This is a great step up for a shop that wants more from it's table top professional mat cutter, but is not quite ready for a full blown CMC.

Regards,

John
John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
The Frame Workshop of Appleton, Inc.
430 E Northland Ave
Appleton, WI 54911-2127 USA

Member: FATG & PPFA
The Frame Workshop
John Ranes Picture Framer Blog