Advance training with Gunnar at Lion

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Clarry
Organisation: RK Framing
Interests: Family, Motorbikes, Skiiing.

Advance training with Gunnar at Lion

Post by Clarry »

Evening all.

I've had my Gunnar for exactly two weeks now and I attended an advance training day with Sarah and David from Gunnar at Lion yesterday. I have to say I took a lot from the day and feel like I have saved myself hours and hours of general messing around and getting it wrong by doing the day.

As usual Sarah and David were a font of practical knowledge and patient with it :D .

I have popped a picture of the mount I have been messing around with on this post, I know it's not earth shattering, but to say I'm only two weeks in I'm pretty happy with the way things are progressing.

I also know there isn't a frame round it yet, but the fish and chip supper was calling to me.

I just wanted to say thanks to Sarah, David and Lion for the day and thanks to all the guys who went for sharing experience and advice.

Ric
Attachments
photo (25).JPG
photo (25).JPG (100.17 KiB) Viewed 3669 times
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Re: Advance training with Gunnar at Lion

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Well done Ric, that looks good. How is the car held in place? I had to cancel my Gunnar day due to some family commitments but I hope to attend the next one. I'm hooked on 'the beast' (my F1 Hybrid), I can't leave it alone!

Alan
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Clarry
Organisation: RK Framing
Interests: Family, Motorbikes, Skiiing.

Post by Clarry »

Hi Alan,

Hope all is well with the family.

I held the car in place with a thin strip of mylar. I did think of using thin wire but I had some strips of mylar lying around from a previous job.

It's not perfect and there are things I will do differently next time I do a box but as a learning exercise it worked a treat.

I do find myself just sitting on an evening faffing with the software on my laptop.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Well said Ric, it was a good day wasn't it, despite me missing the first hour due to M25 hold up :( I haven't really "unleashed the beast" yet, still using it for the more straight forward stuff at the moment but the Masterclass did give me a taste of things to come. Well done Sarah and David :clap:
Adam
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )