Pet hates

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Pet hates

Post by Steve N »

No not what your pet hate to do, simple thing that get your goat

"Just want a simple frame"

"is it worth framing?

"what would you do?

"I go with what you think"

Life in general

Following someone into a shop and they stop as soon as they get through the door :head:

people dropping litter

Going on a website and a 'Live Chat' pops up within 2 seconds , or other pop ups :xcomputer:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: Pet hates

Post by StevenG »

All of the above

"I'm not sure what I want, you're the expert, I'll go with your choice". I'll say "I like this combination" & they reply "I don't like it, show me something else".

"Does that include glass"

Why is the basic black moulding cheaper than the wide ornate?

"I'm just browsing" (my shop is tiny, there's really nothing to browse). I usually end up making stupid small talk drivel to keep them entertained but I reckon it scares them off.

People who want stuff done quickly but don't come back for months to collect.

I want to match another frame, it's about so big, it's like a dark brown but not too dark. Don't show me catalogues, things never look the same in real life.

"You're a hard man to find". I've been in the same place for 7 years, I've got a car outside covered in stickers, huge sign on the war, little things on the pavement, stickers in the window. I think you can see the shop from the moon.

Twisted moulding

Underpinner jamming

After being flat out with stuff, missing dinner etc I think to myself, I'll make a quick cup of tea, midway through the 1st slip I get a customer saying "another tea break!!!"

The list goes on :)
prospero

Post by prospero »

It's the little things that are the worst. :evil:

Packaging.

You open a envelope/Mars Bar/whatever and instead of the wrapper coming off in one piece, you get a little bit
torn off. What the heck can you do with it? Chuck it on the floor? Don't want bits on the floor. Find a bin to put it in?
That's a inefficient use of time and resources. :roll: If you had just sat down to read your letter or enjoy your Mars Bar
and are not in reach of a litter receptacle then you have to get up and dispose of the offending little bit in a responsible
manner.

People who use 'There' when they mean 'Their'. or 'They're'. And 'Quiet' when they mean 'Quite.

Getting Facebook notifications about someone's birthday when you have not a clue as to who they are and why do I care
if it's their birthday. What am I? 12? :roll:

Funeral adverts on TV. I really like to be reminded of death when I sit down and relax to watch the telly. :|

Things that are priced ending 99. :?

I enjoyed that little moan. :D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Oh! Non framing related.....

My kids putting empty packets back in the cupboards, empty milk jars back in the fridge.

Getting up in the morning

Making a call to a call center

Brown coins

Hangovers

Bland music

Graham Norton doing that intro before his guests come on

Graham Norton

Cheap sausages

Bottles of HP sauce in cafes that have been refilled with some generic brown sauce.
prospero

Post by prospero »

Having 100s of pencils in the workshop that vanish when you want one. And if you do find one it's blunt. :|
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

People who use 'There' when they mean 'Their'. or 'They're'. And 'Quiet' when they mean 'Quite.
To this I have to add people who use the word "of" when they mean "have". Its got so bad on places like Facebook that I cant read them anymore.

Other pet hates include, but not limited to ( :lol: ):
adverts in Tv programmes that seem to add up to longer than the whole programme. Also when you try to whizz through them, they change the leader back into the programme.

Cold calls on the phone, especially from criminals like PRS.

Customers with not much money :roll:
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Your when people mean you're :shock:

People who:
Park on double yellow lines
Park on the pavement
Park infront of our local ambulance bay and leave the engine running while their partner pops into the shops :head:

People on mobile phones
Drivers on mobile phones

The general public :twisted:
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
prospero

Post by prospero »

People behave very oddly with mobile phones. There was a lady in the local Co-op the other day shouting at the top of her
voice on a phone, completely oblivious to her surroundings. And then there are people who ring you on your mobile and if
you don't pick up within three rings they hang up. :roll: As if you walk about with the thing glued to your hand.

I have spent practically all my time at the shop lately. Sometimes I don't see a soul for days on end. And yet when I do pop out
the the Post Office or a local shop for supplies, someone will pick that small window to call. And when they do catch up with you
they bemoan the fact that you are "never there". :Slap:

I'm going to move this Topic to After Hours so we can really get to grips with the carping. :clap:
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

"Oh, non framing related."

Alzheimer's dementia
Psoriasis
Facebook

The state of our roads.
The state of our NHS
Facebook

BT
British Gas
Facebook

Mealy-mouthed people in power who offer apologies when they cock up big time
Mealy-mouthed people in power who offer apologies when they cock up big time and keep their jobs.
Facebook

I feel better for that :D in fact I think I will start my own web site and call it "shut your Facebook" :wink:
prospero

Post by prospero »

Daffodils. :twisted:
Bobble
Organisation: Frameworks
Interests: Picture framing.

Pet hates

Post by Bobble »

Garages pricing fuel @ -99 pence per litre (plus £1.29 our way).
Blacked out car windows so backing out from car park is hazardous.
DFS sale must end Monday (again).
Moths!
prospero

Post by prospero »

Little icons on websites that say [BUY NOW]. I don't like being ordered about by a machine.
It's all a bit You - Build - Railway!!!! :twisted:

Sometimes PCs lag a bit when doing something. You sit there like a lemon while it tries to do something. Every now and
then when it wants me to click [OK] I go off and make a cup of tea and let it wait. :lol:
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

Following on from the mobile phone one; I was in hospital early this year and the chap opposite me was lying in bed when his wife called. He immediately put it onto speakerphone while his wife asked him about his forthcoming operation. It was made all the more embarrassing (for him) when he explained that he couldn't now have his operation as he had not stopped taking one of his medications. the ensuing argument was for the amusement of the whole ward. :mmm:
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

Thank you for the amusing story misterdiy :clap:

Reminds me of the one I heard about many years ago' It was on a shoot in your neighbouring county of Norfolk. :D

At the commence of the days shooting the guns were assembled to be assigned their "pegs" by the Head Keeper of the estate.

"Before we set off for the first drive" he sked "has any one got one of those new fangled mobily phones?" One of the guns proudly offered his to the keeper, it was about the size of a house brick in those days. The Head keeper took it without a word and proceeded to hold it at arms length, appearing to weigh it. The underkeeper then shouted "pull" and the Head keeper tossed it high in the air to promptly receive both barrels from the underkeeper's 12 bore. :shock:

Since then no one has turned up on a shoot on that estate with a mobile phone :giggle:

Peter.
prospero

Post by prospero »

People who hold impromptu summit conferences in the middle of the pavement completely oblivious that
they are forcing other pedestrians to step into the road. :evil:

People at shop counters telling their life story to the sales assistant while there is a queue a mile long behind them. :roll:

People who park nose-in to the pavement with about two feet of car overlapping when there is plenty of room behind. :Slap:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

What about the customers who nag you to do a rush job and don't to collect it (and pay for) until three months after they said they wanted it for.

It does not happen as much as it used to, but there were some customers who would drop in something to be framed and not bother to tell you that they had just booked themselves onto a six month cruise around the wood.

Our very busy local bank reduced it's opening hours a while ago and now has decided to close that branch. According to them, it's no longer a busy enough branch to justify keeping it open. Every one else can see that it was really busy until they reduced the opening hours and closed one of the three cashier service points.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Not your average framer wrote:... a six month cruise around the wood.
It's a big wood out there!
:giggle:
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

And when they get lost, send a drone to look for them !
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Jayvee
Organisation: Framed By John
Interests: Framing, Football, Cricket, Movies

Post by Jayvee »

Just had a customer who said he NEEDED his job for a certain date - rushed it through ahead of many people - gave him a call on the morning he NEEDED it for, just to remind him - to be met with “ah great I’ll be in 2 weeks. I’m in Cyprus on holiday.... been here for a week and I’ve got 2 more left!

:head:
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Not your average framer wrote:... a six month cruise around the wood.
It's a big wood out there! :giggle:

Jeepers - I didn't even know this was a thing!! The missus & me are now booked for Dec, only for a fortnight though. Hope there's not too many spiders
Attachments
a thing.jpg
a thing.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 17371 times