food madness and useful tips

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

food madness and useful tips

Post by Not your average framer »

Around here it seems that the little shops are more likely to have things available to buy, than the bigger supermarkets. I would not suggest that we are are able to find exactly everything that we would like, but we are managing so far. It's a bit pointless going to the bigger town and driving around trying to find a supermarket were people are not going nuts, when the smaller local shops usually are not too bad.

We find that we can make up a makeshift stew, or casserole, for a tin of soup and what ever happens to be available in the green grocers. As long as we have something which adds a bit of flavour, we'll manage with the bland stuff that other people can't be bothered withand be thankful for what we get. I expect most of us have already got that figured out, but it might be a useful tip for someone.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Re: food madness and useful tips

Post by cleaver »

As well know, a LOT of us are likely to get this thing.

Apparently, vitamin D is great for the immune system (which of course is vital to fending off infections etc)

I have been taking large amounts of vit D supplements for a few weeks, and get out into the sunshine (a great source) whenever I can....that's when it appears!

I look at the daily updates from Dr John Campbell on Youtube, and he is marvelous....I highly recommend his videos.

ALL IMO and just what I've read/learned....always ask your own doctor etc etc.

Stay well, all.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: food madness and useful tips

Post by Not your average framer »

As far as I know Vitamin D is also something what we also get from Cod Liver Oil. There is not very much of the stuff in Cod Liver Oil capsules, so it is better to take Cod Liver Oil by one teaspoon a day, but not advisable to take any more than one teaspoon per day, because Cod Liver Oil reduces the ability of you blood to clot properly, if you exceed this.

Anyone taking blood thinning medication, should not consider taking Cod Liver Oil, without consulting his, or her doctor before doing so as this may cause internal bleeding and therefore due to loss of iron there is real potential to cause anaemia, or even the possibility of stomach ulcurs. Thanks for reminding me about Vitamin D. I am now seriously thinking of taking some, as it may be a good move.

If you like sardines, they are a good source of Vitamin D, but sardines may not be so good, if you have gout, as sardines can increase your level of lactic acid, which is not good for suffers of gout.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer