Post codes please

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Post codes please

Post by Roboframer »

Please post your post codes here so that you can be Google-Earthed.

Not that I'm nosey - just that I'm VERY nosey!

Mine is BN164EA (shop) but definition is not too hot.

I initiated the same topic on The Grumble and got 70 replies so far - why not post yours there too - I'm the only Brit on the topic at present.

http://www.thegrumble.com/ubb/ultimateb ... 7;t=005530
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

No Postal/Zip codes in my part of the world

Ashford Wicklow.................Should get me
markw

Post by markw »

GL9 1DS

Not brilliant definition.

My youngest son is in Peru at the moment and I have been trying to track where he is - some great images of the lines at Nasca - Google Earth has that amazing ability of making the world seem both very small and yet the distances between places so vast.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

TR18 2SX
and see how close me house is, TR18 2AG lol
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

TR18 2SX
and see how close me house is, TR18 2AG lol
uniqueframer

Post by uniqueframer »

Out in the sticks SY4 1LD :(
Many Thanks

Martin
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I know your part of the world Martin.

I'm originally from Wrexham, Mother's side of the family live in the Welshpool/Berriew/Newtown area. Joined army at 15, was stationed at IJLB OSwestry as a junior leader so I know Nesscliffe training area.

Was stationed at Ternhill - Market Drayton 1985-87, this was the only time in 23 years that I could just nip and see my Mum - and vice versa - she could nip up and see me and her grandchildren - anytime we liked - 30 min drive. Happy days!

Otherwise it was N Ireland, W Germany, or Salisbury Plain.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Our shop is TQ13 9AB in a nice quiet town on edge of Dartmoor and our home is TQ13 0JL historic cottage in a near by nice quiet South Devon town.

Neither post codes exactly show where we are as we share the same post codes with other premises.
Cheers,
Mark
FrameArt

Post by FrameArt »

LD7 1DL

About 20 miles from Newtown.
FrameArt
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

FrameArt I envy you.

The Powys/Shropshire borders (The Marches?) is the most beautiful part of the country - no contest. Other great places are easily accesible from it too Hay on Wye, the Long Mynd - Hereford & Worcester.

I visit Llandrindod wells each April for a Regimental reunion - make a long weekend of it and visit my cousins around the area - one aunt left - 91 years old and still digging her own spuds!

Last visit I took a walk to this place - you know what/where it is - don't you?

markw

Post by markw »

isnt that a welsh liesure centre? But the sheep has escaped!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Capital 'W' for Welsh if you don't mind!

C'mon then - where is the photo taken?
markw

Post by markw »

Robo - I was in the middle of an apology thinking I may have mortally offended a Welsh regiment (W) - sorry if I did. what does the inscription say?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The inscription says "Tarddiad Afon Hafren"

Now.... there is no 'V' in the Welsh alphabet - so a single 'F' is pronounced 'V' - a double 'F' - ff - is pronounced 'f'

Double 'D' - dd - is pronounced 'th' (and in this case as in 'The' not as in 'Thin')

So the inscription sounds like this TARTHIAD AVON HAVREN ('A's are not pronounced)

And means.......?

You really SHOULD know Mark - you're within a 30 min drive from 'IT'
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Oooh - not fast enough - here is a shot from the opposite side of the post....

Get your boots on Mark.

It's above LLANIDLOES and a beautiful walk - about 3 - 4 miles (each way) from the car park. My sister has walked from the source of the Severn to the Mouth - 207 miles or something - the longest marked walk in Britain.

http://www.llanidloes.com/maps/forest_map.html

http://www.llanidloes.com/maps/forest_map1.html
markw

Post by markw »

Yes - should have known that - and probably have walked there at some time. I used to work on Anglesey and would ride home to Bristol every weekend - I could never tire of the spectacular views all the way across Wales - just hated the sheep that decided to sleep in the road - especially when it was snowing.

Source of the Thames is just a couple of miles away from here (Tetbury). Chap decided that he was going to swim the Thames from the source down river to London. This was two weeks ago - he was moaning that he had to walk 19 miles before he could swim - blaming global warming for drying the river up - the muppet would have had to walk the same distance even in the wettest of years as the source of the Thames - like the Severn is just a spring.
FrameArt

Post by FrameArt »

Hi Robo,

Yes it's a great place to live and work here on the Welsh/Shropshire border, unlike the area I lived for the first forty years of my life (Birmingham). The only time I venture there now is to visit Lion PFS.

Arthur.
FrameArt
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi there

Shop is TR13 8AB

House is TR12 7PE

right on the eastern cliffs on The Lizard.. Glorious sunrises on the patio
John GCF
markw

Post by markw »

John - you live under a green mist cloud - Have the Yanks got lots of sensitive kit on the Cornish cliffs - even GCHQ has more definition.

You must hate the emmits on your journey to work in the summer.