VEHICLE PAY PER MILE SATELLITE TRACKING BIG BROTHER

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

VEHICLE PAY PER MILE SATELLITE TRACKING BIG BROTHER

Post by kev@frames »

Hi all
just reposting extract of a recent email I received. Of particular interest to ANY vehicle driver, specially if you have a business.
I have pretty much cut and pasted the email verbatim below.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. The cost to us in huge just for the computer method of doing it which is very expensive compared to adding it to petrol which has zero cost, non intrusive and cannot cause horrendous errors causing hardship and anxiety.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.
On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit* you can expect and additional fine with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

<http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects them.

* Its not limited to speeding. They also know where parking restrictions etc are located. And you!

(Additional - I have just been on the No10 site and there is LESS than 100k signed up to it. There are over 30million vehicles and drivers in this country.

Just to register 1% of those against this proposal there needs to be 300k signed up! and the closing date is 20/02/07. Did you know about this ? I did't.)
The Tabmaster

Post by The Tabmaster »

Having worked in the vehicle tracking industry I know this inside out and I can tell you that it is a very real possibility. If you look at the big insurance companies like more than and Norwich union they are enticing you with lower deals to have a tracking system in your car. The More than scheme is based on younger drivers and is basically a pay as you go insurance policy which is hightened to a premium price between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

The Norwich union one has been brewing for about a year and will be the same type of scheme for everyone. The more you drive, the more you pay. Depending on the hours you drive will also depend on how much you pay.

I believe that if the government wants this to be on all cars then the only way they would be able to do this is by stealth as no one in their right mind would freely take this if they knew what it was capable of. So the insurance companies are a good way to start for them.

The systems are all capable of telling you were you are at a given period, where youve been (this is down to exact streets). The speeds you were travelling at, if you were breaking hard, where you parked/stoped, how long you stopped for.

The only thing that they will have to consider is that the tracking sysems are not as stable as they are made out. They are liable to malfunction and if you know what you are doing, are easy to tamper with.

All of the schemes have been in planning for at least 4 years and millions have been pumped into them, so........................................

Big Brother will be watching you!!!! :roll:
Tabmaster UK are a supplier to framing industry worldwide. We offer a wide range of framing supplies and machinery. Including the inovative "Quickmate" Canvas stretching tool. See us at www.tabmaster.co.uk