Out of the box

Site announcements
Problems/suggestions/Questions
Roboframer

Out of the box

Post by Roboframer »

When I get to the bottom of the reply box, silly things start happening!

When I press return the bottom line goes out of sight below the box and leaps up and down in and out of view per character.

When I press the down arrow the text jumps up and then goes back to where it was and sometimes when I press it a lot of times, the page scrolls down instead of up!

If I press return a lot of times, to try and make some space to type in, when I go back to where I left off, as soon as I start typing, see second paragraph.

Only happening here, have I enabled/disabled summut?

Won't work in an empty reply box - IOW I can press return until the cursor is past the bottom of the box and start typing there OK.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Out of the box

Post by John »

Try another browser.

I have noticed similar but only in Internet Explorer.
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

robo - try opera - it works ok but i havnt set it as my main browser - only when i have probs with ie
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Happens with me in IE. real pain!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Thanks, very reassuring, usually it's just me! But this is a brand new 'puter with a touch screen that I'm a bit scared of and thought maybe I'd done something whilst swatting a mosquito.

If a large fly crawls up the screen it scrolls!

I have not installed any other browsers yet, just IE so far. With the last PC, which was taken over by AOL www-wise - IE was a dog, but now it opens in seconds and I quite like it, bar this problem, which for now I'll sort by making a word document and doing a cut and paste when needs be.

Going to give this new 'puter as little to think about as possible so it's always as super-fast as it is now, don't want to download stuff to sort trivial problems like this.