Cut file share

Share your CMC experiences.
Or seek help and advice
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Cut file share

Post by IFGL »

I run a ftp for customers to upload their pictures for me to print, I could easily add a few folders for members of the forum to share their cut files, each major machine type would have a folder and inside would be sub folders for the type of mount, let me know if this is of interest.
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Cut file share

Post by JohnMcafee »

Maybe because it's tucked way down at the bottom of the forum that folk are not aware that CMC designs can be shared and discussed here.

On the other hand, perhaps the reason why this section is little used is because other CMC users are like me - I rarely cut shapes that are not provided within the CMC software, and on those occasions when I have created my own designs they have been too job-specific to be of general interest.

Why not revitalise the Framers Forum CMC Design section IFGL, by posting some of your own designs here?

DesignForum.jpg
DesignForum.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 11993 times
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Not lucky enough to have a fancy computerised cutter thingy but I think it's decent of you to offer :clap: :)
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Unfortunately 99 % of my forum activity is done away from work and I world struggle to find.time to upload files to the forum, where as I can very easily make my mount design folder part of my ftp, all designs would automatically be shared.
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Uploading a file to the forum isn't nearly as complicated or time consuming as many folk think. However, if you see it as too great a hurdle I'd be happy to do it on your behalf. Perhaps a DropBox link would simplify the process of sharing your files on the forum.

Please let me know if you would like to explore this possibility.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Kenneycm
Organisation: Elite Framing
Interests: Cars, framing

Post by Kenneycm »

Did this thread ever get any legs? I for one would be interested to see what designs other users are playing with, and I would also be willing to share my own designs.. my main reason (albeit slightly hairbrained) for investing in a cmc was to be able to cut elaborate shapes and particularly military crests, but I have been experimenting for a while and I am delighted with the capabilities offered from my cmc... any progress on this thread would be welcomed from me :-)