Welcome to the CMC (formerly Valiani) UK users forum.

Share your CMC experiences.
Or seek help and advice
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Welcome to the CMC (formerly Valiani) UK users forum.

Post by Merlin »

Welcome to the Valiani UK users forum. This is run by the kind permission of the UK Framers Forum and at the moment independant from the Valiani organisation.
Please post here on any topic relating to the Valiani CMC's where it is hoped that we can discuss and share our knowledge and experience with other users.
Have you encountered any problems with the CMC. Do you have any 'hints and tips' for other users. Are you seeking any advice from the other end users?

This will NOT be a forum for having a go at or 'bashing' Valiani, distributors and or suppliers.

The Design section is under test conditions at the moment. It is hoped that we can build a library of .FU2 and .PLT home made designs to share with others.
John GCF
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Re: Welcome to the CMC UK users forum.

Post by Moglet »

Great idea, Merlin! :clap:

May I make a suggestion that John puts a comment about the new Valiani User Forum on the index page announcement banner, to let people know that it's here? (Can't see the new forum listing on IE7 without scrolling down,)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

do my eyes deceive me? :drunk:
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Well done John and John.

I look forward to reading and taking part in this forum, which is a brilliant idea. The sharing of designs and files will be a boon to those of us who are "corelly" challenged or have not yet built up sufficient experience to be totally confident with the software.

May the force be with you.

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Jerry Ervin
Organisation: Concord
Interests: Picture Framing and Engraving

Post by Jerry Ervin »

I am a user in the US. I worked with a Wizard for four years before purchasing my Valiani.

I look forward to giving and receiving tips and advice from you guys.

I also do some engraving and use Corel Draw daily. So I may be able to help with that as well.

The ability to design in Corel and cut with the Valiani makes the machine very versatile.

:D
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Jerry!

Great to see you here.

I did a 2 1/2 hr Valiani seminar in Vegas, don't you know.

Still scared stiff of the darned thing! I know it's great but the 'Computer' bit is the worry!
markw

Post by markw »

Thank you JC for the initiative. We need to make sure that we use this as a positive resource to improve both the machine and the user. looking forward to contributing and learning.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Super idea...many thanks
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi John.

Just caught your post on the Grumble, what a great idea, and thanks for setting it up.

Keith
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Bravo John, Bravo

Steve
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
jgolden961
Organisation: John Golden Frames and Fotos
Interests: Framing, matting, church activities (Moravian), play trumpet, piano, sing, exercise, spending time with my family, photography, wood working

Post by jgolden961 »

Good evening all. John Golden here from John Golden Frames and Fotos. I live in Winston Salem, NC and I have had my Valiani for about 6 months. Still got a lot to learn. I hope to pick up a lot of tips here and I will try to contribute as much as possible.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Hi John. Welcome to the Forum. :hi:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi John (yet another one )
We welcome you to the Forum an look forward to your participation.

As with anything new or different, there seems to be some reluctance in participation.

Many other CMC manufacturers have their own well established online forums which serve the end user very well.
Our intention here, particularly with Designs and file sharing is to have an 'Open Source' library which is available to all, rather than a 'Private' manufacturers led library which is available to only a few.
John GCF
James Miller
Organisation: ARTFRAME, Inc.
Interests: Picture framer; author of "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SHADOWBOXES AND FRAMING OBJECTS" and "MOUNTING OBJECTS WITH CLEAR FILM"; writer of feature articles for Picture Framing Magazine, USA; framing educator.

Post by James Miller »

I've owned my Valiani MatPro150i for about a year, including all six of the interchangeable heads.

My previous CMC was a Fletcher F6100, which served me well for several years, but I really like the Valiani. What first attracted me was the machine's ability to cut small-radius circles with good precision.

Also, the software is quite user-friendly and I appreciate the ability to create custom cutting files in Corel Draw, such as odd shapes, logos, images, and artistic text.

At the West Coast Art & Frame (WCAF) show in Las Vegas in late January, Nico and the Valiani representatives were demonstrating a new device designed to hold a pen, pencil, or presumably any sort of scribing tool. Have any of these found their way into the marketplace yet?
Jim Miller
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi Jim
Thank you for responding to the new Valiani Users Group. Lets us hope many more will follow you.

I am just awaiting the arrival of the new MatStylus head myself which we saw demonstrated at our Trade show in Birmingham, early February.

There is some delay in distribution I understand because of the requirement of a new motherboard for the control box. Estimated delivery date is two weeks.

Will let you know how we get on with it.
John GCF
black panther

Post by black panther »

Dear Forum Members,
On behalf of Valiani and Simons(Sole uk distributor), i would like to express our gratitude to John and other members who have made this users forum a reality at last.
This very noble idea is sure to have a very positive effect on both existing and prospective Valiani users.
They now have a dedicated forum for sharing ideas that would be beneficial to the growth of their business. Also they are now afforded the opportunity to discuss and solve problems immediately,should they arise.
As Valiani forges ahead as a market leader with new innovations in mountcutting, we are confident that this forum will play a crucial role in enlightening, educating and informing Valiani users not just in the UK but all over the world.
Regards,
joe
Joe
James Miller
Organisation: ARTFRAME, Inc.
Interests: Picture framer; author of "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SHADOWBOXES AND FRAMING OBJECTS" and "MOUNTING OBJECTS WITH CLEAR FILM"; writer of feature articles for Picture Framing Magazine, USA; framing educator.

Post by James Miller »

I see there is a separate bucket for posting cut files and designs, so I will try to add one there today.
Jim Miller
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

The Forum is now gaining more members with CMC's from different manufacturers.
It has now been decided to change this section to -Computerised Mount Cutters.

This section is now open to ALL CMC manufacturers, distributors and end users to be used as a discussion Forum and for Hints and Tips.
The design section is again open to ALL CMC people to post their own individual designs.
To ensure compatibility with other CMC groups, could you please post designs in PLT format
John GCF
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Merlin wrote:The Forum is now gaining more members with CMC's from different manufacturers.
It has now been decided to change this section to -Computerised Mount Cutters.

This section is now open to ALL CMC manufacturers, distributors and end users to be used as a discussion Forum and for Hints and Tips.
The design section is again open to ALL CMC people to post their own individual designs.
To ensure compatibility with other CMC groups, could you please post designs in PLT format

Super idea :yes:
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Ahah. It's like a sort of coalition, then.

All the rage these days, so I'm told.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status