Cove Mounts

Share your CMC experiences.
Or seek help and advice
Roboframer

Cove Mounts

Post by Roboframer »

It's not that difficult to cut a cove mount by hand, but it would be a piece of cake with a CMC - anyone got a file for one, or is there an existing one in FMD that can be adapted?

It would need a scored square with triangles cut from each corner of it to the outside of the board and then the outside of the board cut. You couldn't cut the board to size first.

Sounds like something I could do myself now I think about it - just by selecting and messing about with the triangle shapes, but any tips/suggestions welcome anyway.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: Cove Mounts

Post by Merlin »

Not sure what you mean by Cove mount John.
Diagram please
John GCF
Roboframer

Re: Cove Mounts

Post by Roboframer »

OK - the inner square is scored and the triangles* are cut through and removed, the flaps are folded in and stuck together at the back and then maybe fabric covered. 90 degree cuts for the triangles........ actually, opposite facing bevels would be quite clever - not something I'd've considered by hand! The greater the angles of the triangles, the steeper the angle of the cove.

cove.jpg
*OK - they're not really triangles, just two angled cuts, but a triangle would be the easiest PLT shape to do it with - just have it going past the outside of the board, maybe???

Just happens to be an example on The Grumble at the mo - but this was done with two different boards, which must be harder