Valiani User Manual

Share your CMC experiences.
Or seek help and advice
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Valiani User Manual

Post by birdman »

Here's a question for the Valiani Support Group - (hello my names Rolf and I'm a framerholic)

I believe the current Valiani User Manual is being amended to reflect changes in the software and to try and make it more user friendly? Are you able to confirm this and let us know when we might expect to see the revised copy?
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
span2iels
Organisation: Harlequin Frames
Interests: Rugby Union, Bridge, allotment.

Re: Valiani User Manual

Post by span2iels »

Hi Rolf

Thanks for the question and sorry about the delay in answering as I have been laid-up.

The VSG are presently working on putting together a Reference Manual but as you can imagine with seven machines, a number of software versions and single and interchangeable head m/cs it is proving to be a long process. The version you saw at the Framers Forum Live Event was a one off and is somewhat dated and does not cover the later software/hardware versions.

However, the Advanced Course to be held in Oct will have a set of notes detailing the subjects that will be covered which to a certain extent is a start.
Hope this answers your question.
Kind Regards
Mal
Mal Reynolds GCF(APF) Adv
Bespoke Picture Framing and Custom Mount Cutting
International Lecturer and Trainer
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Thanks Mal. Out of date it may have been but it certainly looks more user friendly.

I know the VSG have a lot to do alongside the normal day job and I'm sure you will get there in the end. I'm very grateful for the VSG Newsletters and pdfs that you have published and for the personal support that I have received to help me keep little Val in tip top shape.

Sorry to hear you have been "laid up" and glad you are motoring along once more.

Live Long and Prosper.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
span2iels
Organisation: Harlequin Frames
Interests: Rugby Union, Bridge, allotment.

Post by span2iels »

Hi Rolf

I forgot to mention that another source of information the VSG is supplying to its its present and hopefully future users is the column I write for each edition of Picture Business. There have been two so far and whilst they have featured 'how to decide on a CMC' and Valiani serial numbers and how to interpret them I think that this might change slightly to cover more of the operating characteristics and use of the software.

However, there may be the opportunity to cover selected subjects and certainly questions submitted to the VSG as a whole but this would depend upon how they fitted in with the article content.

No matter how long one may have been a Valiani User we all complete simple tasks differently using the software in various ways but as long as the final outcome meets our requirements thats fine. John and I often find that we do certain tasks differently but that is not to say that either method is right or wrong; however, some ways are easier than others and it is an aim of the VSG to point out these methods and differing styles thereby enabling users to develop a style that will suit their own requirements. Hence the Advanced Courses and accompanying documentation/notes - which as you are aware start in Sep.

I hope that both present and future Valiani users are beginning to realise that the VSG (a totally independent UK Valiani organisation that answers direct to Nico Valiani - Italy) is run by framers for framers providing Quality Service and Quality Support.

Kind Regards

Mal
Mal Reynolds GCF(APF) Adv
Bespoke Picture Framing and Custom Mount Cutting
International Lecturer and Trainer
carter2

Post by carter2 »

It looks like they have 3 documents on their website for this model. You'll have to register with the serial # of the machine, to be granted access.

http://www.valiani.com/articolo.asp?I_ID=404

Note: The web page seems a bit flaky. If it doesn't come up with this product from the link above, type ASTRA in the search box on the left side, and click GO.