Spring Fair Suggestions

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Grahame Case

Spring Fair Suggestions

Post by Grahame Case »

after the talk in the hotel last night John i thought I'd remind you of things we discussed

Email function - upgrading it to automatically email out when a persons work was complete

Moulding List on the Estlite server - when open through the back and a job priced out the front, the moulding is not deducted from stock,

Moulding list in general - a coloured highlight function, for bays, and the ability to print off bay location.

we also suggested (i think) the ability to visualise multi aperture mounts for pre-view...

that should be it! get cracking! ;-)
markw

Post by markw »

its not automatic but you can email a copy of the order to the customer. You need to install a pdf printer - instead of printing to your printer you print to the pdf program and then email the pdf. I use this method to send invoices to my account customers.

Having said that being able to email a simple message straight from the program would be very useful. the option to send a text message would perhaps be equally useful..
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

did you spot this post John?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Spring Fair Suggestions

Post by John »

Grahame wrote:did you spot this post John?
The forum software had it marked as read, so I haven't noticed this until now, I know that I never looked here before. :? :xcomputer:

But all duly noted now Grahame. :)
Grahame wrote:Moulding List on the Estlite server - when open through the back and a job priced out the front, the moulding is not deducted from stock
Had a peek at the code and all seems in order, but unfortunately can't test on a proper network at the moment. Check that you have enabled sharing in the Est folder on the EstLite server. Your client has got to be able to write there.

The licence that would allow PDF creation from within EstLite is a tad on the dear side, so for now Mark's solution for attaching quotes to emails is a very workable compromise.