Discontinued moulding on ESTLITE

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Discontinued moulding on ESTLITE

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi,
I've never had to do this before, I have some discontinued moulding that I don't want to delete from the table but I do want to flag it up that it's no longer available. I ticked the discontinued box ( below ) and tried to see what happens when I enter frame details, how do I know it's discontinued if I'm typing in this flagged moulding ?
discontinued.jpg
discontinued.jpg (110.26 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
Thanks in advance,
Adam
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Re: Discontinued moulding on ESTLITE

Post by JohnMcafee »

If you are intending to price a job with a discontinued moulding, EstLite assumes that you have that moulding in stock.

As long as your discontinued moulding is in stock there is no need to be notified as you will be able to complete the job.

If you are maintaining quantities in your list of stocked mouldings, EstLite will notify you if you do not have enough in stock to complete the job. It will further let you know if the profile has been discontinued - a handy thing to be aware of at the point of sale.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Re: Discontinued moulding on ESTLITE

Post by Bagpuss »

Thanks for this John, I have never maintained stock levels on EstLite but worth knowing.
Adam TPF
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )