Help needed with estlite pricing

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Weston Super Frames

Help needed with estlite pricing

Post by Weston Super Frames »

We have the estlite plus pricing programme and would like to know the best way to add a % price increas accross the board without having to add it individually to each moulding etc. we are looking to increase prices by 5%.

Thanks in advance.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Upgrade to the latest version of EstLite if you are using 7.36 or less.

In the table of stocked mouldings there is a feature that allows you to apply a multiplier to all of the mark-ups in one go rather than having to edit them one at a time.

Just enter a multiplier in the box at the bottom of the screen. So if, say, you wanted to increase all moulding mark-ups by 5%, you would place 1.05 in the box and click OK.
Weston Super Frames

just checked we are using v1.00 - so any alternatives other than paying for an upgrade?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Weston Super Frames wrote:just checked we are using v1.00
Amazing!!

Are you sure?

Version 1.00 must be nearly 20 years old. How long have you had it?
Weston Super Frames

Really!!

Bought the programme from A&T about 3 years ago.

It says its BBEst v1.00.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Ah I see.

You are not using EstLite.

You are using the entry level frame pricing calculator BBEst.

If you want to increase your mark-up in BBEst then you must do so individually moulding by moulding.

You may want to upgrade your BBEst to the latest version, 1.38, which you can do at no charge from http://estlite.scenes.biz/download.php
Comet

Post by Comet »

I downloaded the BBest version and tried it out abit.
It seems to be based on the cost of a 20x16 frame.

I also downloaded the Nielsen spreadsheet fo the software and we under the impression that by changing the the figures entered Mouldings section ie. Narrow Mouldings / 3inch wide mouldings that it would change the retail price of a frame using Nielsen mouldings
across their range.

I know its the basic version of EstLite but it seems like alot of work if you have to change the cost of each moulding individually.

I suppose you get what you paid for.
A good reason to buy the Estlite version in the first place.

Or if money is a bit tight nuTech's ezFramer Express is free and is more advanced than the entry level BBEst version.

i
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

To explain further, in BBEst if you want to change the markups of each item in your table of stocked mouldings then they have to be edited one at a time. This may seem like a lot of work, but in reality about half an hour is all that it takes to do a couple of hundred mouldings. And something that rarely, if ever, has to be done.

However to change the markup that is applied to all of the thousands mouldings available via direct download from within the program from all the major suppliers, it is only necessary to enter a new markup figure in Options as Comet has pointed out.

The 20 x 16 frame size is only used to configure elements that are priced by area. Many framers have a more intuitive feel for pricing for this standard size rather than using the more abstract square foot.