HOW TO TAKE A DEPOSIT IN ESTLITE....

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

HOW TO TAKE A DEPOSIT IN ESTLITE....

Post by Bagpuss »

Could John or an EstLite user who ACTUALLY TAKES DEPOSITS and does this in EstLite give me a nudge in right direction please ?

In over 10 years of use I have never taken deposits, on reflection, that was a BAD idea... Now.. very interested in doing so but want to show payments recieved ( which I don't use either )

No urgency but would be nice ; )
Thanks in advance,
Adam TPF
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: HOW TO TAKE A DEPOSIT IN ESTLITE....

Post by John »

The deposit can be entered in the bottom left corner of the Customer Data page of EstLite, in the box labelled Deposit
If entered here, the deposit will be shown on the printed docket, and, if Till has been enabled, the amount will be entered into the till ready to be printed by your attached till roll printer.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Full payment up front has made life so much simpler for us in terms of systems and cash flow (and customers actually collect sooner). Very very little resistance to it.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
iorek
Organisation: A Picture Framing One
Interests: Sport, Art, Photography,

Post by iorek »

Justintime wrote: Thu 01 Dec, 2022 1:09 am Full payment up front has made life so much simpler for us in terms of systems and cash flow (and customers actually collect sooner). Very very little resistance to it.
This.

It's our system too (big sign behind the counter "Payment upfront and rush fee 35%" and we've never lost a sale because of it.On the very odd occasion someone queries it we smilingly say "We'd be out of business, because people don't collect" and they immediately understand and are happy to proceed.
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Post by Bagpuss »

Thank you both for your replies, VERY interesting, I need to change don't I ....far too casual about payments. "Pay when you collect" I happily say to the customer, Unfortunately, at the moment I feel that a few customers find themselves finacialy embarassed and don't get back in touch to collect as soon as I'd like. Not my problem I guess, Thanks again.
Adam TPF
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Exactly, not our problem.
Once they pay, they own it.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer