workshop docket?

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Mike

workshop docket?

Post by Mike »

Hi,

We're looking at buying bbest this month,we do have a question though. Can we print off a "Job ticket" for the workshop as well as for the customer.

We can't seem to find anything relating to this in the help section etc,so apologies if this is a silly question

Regrds,Mike.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Go to: - Options > Dockets
Enter the number in the box to the left of 'Number of dockets to be printed'
Click Save.
Mike

Post by Mike »

John,

How easy is that! Stupid us,thanks.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

do them two-up on A4 (2xa5 per sheet) saves a fortune in paper ;)
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

We've set up our printer to print 2 dockets off using A5 paper. Use a paper guillotine to cut A4 in half, because A5 paper is more expensive to buy than A4 - I kid you not!
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

it would be nice to be able to allocate seperate copies of dockets to different printers - one for the customer out the front, and another through the back.
markw

Post by markw »

In an ideal world we would be looking at a paperless system - I doubt we can deny the customer a copy - but i would love to just press a key and email them a copy of the order. As for works dockets I have networked pcs - but have to say that my system seems to be to slow to display the order so I print out two copies - I almost always lose a docket so then print out another.

I would have a front of house system that is designed for input - along with email - text - print outputs to the customer. I would have a back office system that gave me some way of planning the days work - with instant access to the dockets - I would love the facility to have urgent jobs irritatingly flashing at me until completed - for some reason I still manage to miss the odd job that I have promised out of my normal sequence.

Lastly I would have the back office email or text the customer when the job was finished - followed by a message some time later checking that the customer was happy with the job and maybe offering some incentive for them to tell their mates how good we were. The ability to make notes and keep some record of the job post order would be helpful - maybe a photo. Then a personalised printed label using key data captured from the docket ( my email to the customer would contain advice on hanging - glass cleaning etc). Paper - we dont need it.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Grahame
For a while I thought that our own operation could benefit, and got caught up in the technicalities of implementing your suggestion. Then it occurred to me that, no it wouldn't really improve the way we work. In our set-up the printed docket is placed with the object to be framed at the point of sale, and accompanies the job as it progresses through the workshop, so I can't see any advantage for us to have the job and docket widely separated at the outset with the job on the counter and the docket belonging to that job 50 ft away in the workshop.

However, I know that each of us uses EstLite differently, and there are people using it in ways that I never imagined it could be used, so I am interested in hearing more about your idea.

Mark
I look forward to the day when a system such as you have outlined would be accepted, even demanded by framers and their customers.