I keep losing Mouldings?

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

I keep losing Mouldings?

Post by Framerpicture »

There seems to be no pattern,but sometimes when a moulding number is put in to the pricing screen a messages apperars (along the lines of) "the moulding is not in the data base".

when I check in the mouldings table It is there and when I have resaved and quit it then comes back to the pricing screen. Any ideas why this might happen? Its no problem if I'm around but as its management password protected, which I don't want to disclose, I'd rather it didn't happen!

Also in a previous message John said to make sure I had the latest version of EStLite downloaded - where do i do this?

Thanks for all your help

Will
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
markw

Re: I keep losing Mouldings?

Post by markw »

First screen of options - you will see the button that allows you to check for updates - select it and choose to download. Your missing mouldings is another prob - it should be there if its in your table - have you tried doing a check disk on your pc - problems accessing databases can often be solved by a quick shuffle of the system.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Framerpicture wrote:sometimes when a moulding number is put in to the pricing screen a messages apperars (along the lines of) "the moulding is not in the data base".
Reasons for this message: -
  1. The moulding is not available (perhaps discontinued)
  2. The reference number has been entered incorrectly.
  3. Hesitation while keying in the reference number.
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

We have had the same problem intermittently. The workaround has always been to enter the moulding table, do nothing except for save and quit and the moulding is then always recognised when you type it back into the box. When it happens the moulding is always listed in the table and is happily recognised most of the time.

Another annoying blip we have come across is that the grand total function occasionally stops working on the front page. Each item cost is shown but they do not total at the bottom. Workround is to close Estlie and then start again and it works. Don't know why, but thought I'd mention it to keep John busy while he's on his enforced holiday. :)

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status