Linking jobs to wrong customer

Software related questions, and
suggestions for new features or improvements.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Linking jobs to wrong customer

Post by Framerpicture »

We have been using Est-Lite since July this year, mostly very succesfully , we are well over invoice number 1500 - However,we do get problems from time to time- which I'm sure is operator error- There's 8 people who use it all with varying computer skills but what I need is a fix for the following problems.

Est Liste is irregularly linking jobs with the wrong customer- I have carefully tried to see a pattern as to why this happens but as yet have been unsuccesful- One thought I have had is that the short cut Alt Z brings up the Link Custumer button. Perhaps clumsy fingers might be doing this ? Although it just linked over 20 jobs from various customers to one

When the problem is discovered and the job is linked back to the correct customer it is still appearing in the incorrect customer i.e showing in jobs belonging to customer although if the Job Owner button is presseed it does show this correctly.

Another problem is that sometimes , and again no pattern is obvious, a name and address is entered in the data base more than once.
I understand deleting names from the Data Base is dangerous but would it be possible to export the data base to excel, clean up and then re-install it back in to ESt Lite?

And now for something for the wish list!
I would love to be able print out a list of Mouldings with quantity required and Mount card with an area figure for each colour used for Uncompleted work each Monday to do my ordering from.
We have yet to use Est-lite for stock control as we don't process all our trade orders through it.

Thanks in advance

Will
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Linking jobs to wrong customer

Post by John »

Database problems such as you describe are often caused when users, in an attempt to make corrections or extract information, access the data directly with third party software such as Excel or Microsoft Access. Sometimes though, a system crash can also be the culprit.

The problem is, that once corrupted, the database will continue to behave erratically from that point forward, and will never be fixed by entering more data.

The best strategy for avoiding most of the frustration that can be caused when your data is damaged is to back up regularly and often. That way, should the worst happen, you can be quickly up and running with very little loss.
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Re: Linking jobs to wrong customer

Post by Framerpicture »

We haven't yet attempted to clean the data base as yet, but would like to. If this isn't possible what would you suggest?
I understand deleting names from the Data Base is dangerous but would it be possible to export the data base to excel, clean up and then re-install it back in to ESt Lite?
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt