Get help and framing advice from the framing community
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Looking for this moulding

Post by birdman »

Hello kind, generous, helpful Framers Forum members,

Can you tell I'm after something?

I am looking to identify the moulding shown in the attached photograph because I have been asked by a customer to try and match it as near as possible for a new frame to be displayed with more of the same.
Moulding width is apparently 65mm
Moulding width is apparently 65mm
PMcA corner.JPG (261.77 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
I haven't seen the frame myself, just the photo, but it does look familiar. However a search of the catalogues I hold has not allowed it to reveal itself!

Does anyone have a scooby doo or a suggestion of something similar? Any sensible suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Roboframer

Re: Looking for this moulding

Post by Roboframer »

birdman

Post by birdman »

It is certainly close Robo but it is a lighter gold. It may do as a suggested alternative. Thanks for the suggestion.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
birdman

Post by birdman »

I contacted my local Arqadia rep and he made the same suggestion as Robo, so he is sending me a sample in order for the customer to compare it with the frames he has. Many thanks Myles.

Apart from this Arqadia moulding does anyone have any alternative suggestions?
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status
birdman

Post by birdman »

Sometimes finishing off a story can be forgotten in the joy of having found what you were looking for. I found pretty much exactly what I was looking for from an Irish company called Glenwood Mouldings in Wicklow. They very quickly posted me out a sample so that we could check for sure and my customer thought it was a perfect match. So I ordered what I needed and it arrived by courier the day after they sent it. Best packaging I have seen ever as well, so arrived in great condition. The moulding number is 6042 Gold.

They have a website too, which is http://www.glenwoodmouldings.ie/

I have to thank both Glenwood and Steve Crozier (stcstc) for suggesting them in the first place.

Happy Days :)
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status