Wessex framing course

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Wessex framing course

Post by Ed209 »

Has anyone been on or have any information on Wessex Pictures framing school It is a five full day course for a very reasonable fee and seems quite comprehensive to cover all that I would need to know as a beginner in to framing, The class is a max of 8 people, I am aware one to one is probably more beneficial but is very expensive and even more distance.

I do believe it is run at Wessex Leatherhead branch

I am provisionally booked on for September and at the moment looking for local accommodation for the week in Leatherhead if anyone local to that area could recommend somewhere near to KT22 7RD

https://www.wessexpictures.com/commerci ... chool.html
red
Organisation: none
Interests: woodwork

Re: Wessex framing course

Post by red »

if you do a search this issue was discussed before re Wessex sorry I cant give
a link but its here somewhere,good luck
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Post by Ed209 »

Thanks
I have done a search but have so far come up blank, Did find a brief mention of it but nothing of sustenance
red
Organisation: none
Interests: woodwork

Post by red »

try- 'training courses' in search sorry to be so vague.
David
Organisation: Silverstone Framing
Interests: Photography, Motor Racing, Military

Post by David »

Hi Ed
The course is aimed at framers wanting to use professional equipment, it starts with dry mounting then mount cutting and decorating, using a morso and underpinners, finishing with glass and backing cutting, assembly and business options. At the end of the week you should have a finished framed picture all done by yourself. No previous experience is needed but obviously helps. It is an excellent course I did it over twenty years ago when I wanted to go professional, I'm also a little biased as I teach the mount cutting and decorating bit. The maximum is usually 6 by the way.

The Travelodge in Leatherhead is the most convenient book well in advance as prices tend to go up, there are also places in Reigate and the General Haig pub near Guildford is good I usually use booking.com to find the best offers.

Look forward to seeing you.
David.
Chris2103
Organisation: Chris Lordan Photography
Interests: Photography: social, landscape, product, wildlife. Hockey. Framing my pictures

Post by Chris2103 »

Hi Ed,

I did the course last year. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt a lot. The pace is good, you get to use the professional equipment (handy if deciding what to buy) and have access to superb tuition. As David said, you walk away with a complete framed item at the end of the week. I would recommend it.