Get help and framing advice from the framing community
kartoffelngeist
Organisation: Rosie's Framers and Crafts
Interests: Framing, mental health, martial arts

CS88 help!

Post by kartoffelngeist »

Hi!

Looking for any suggestions...

The cartridge spring in my CS88 snapped the other week. Got a replacement (quicker than I would have thought possible!) from Mark at Underpinner spares and fitted it.

Since I fitted it though, it won't push wedges deep enough in to the moulding. They go in about halfway, even with the pad right up against the wood.

I'm assuming it's not related to the cartridge spring and more to do with my putting it back together. Can't spot anything obviously wrong though...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

andrew
Thanks,

andrew
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them in to the impossible."
Etsy
Facebook
Twitter

Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Re: CS88 help!

Post by Mark Thornton »

Hi Andrew

You have fitted the screw that retains the cartridge spring into the lower mounting holes when it needs to be mounted in the upper holes.

(Thanks for the comments)

Mark

Underpinner Spares
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Changing that spring is not an easy thing to do. I've only needed to change one, but I had a lot of trouble getting it to work properly afterwards. I can't remember much about it now, but it nearly drove me mad at the time.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Post by Mark Thornton »

This picture may help.

Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
kartoffelngeist
Organisation: Rosie's Framers and Crafts
Interests: Framing, mental health, martial arts

Post by kartoffelngeist »

Mark Thornton wrote:Hi Andrew

You have fitted the screw that retains the cartridge spring into the lower mounting holes when it needs to be mounted in the upper holes.

(Thanks for the comments)

Mark

Underpinner Spares
Wow.

I'm not sure who you must have sold your soul to in exchange for your framing knowledge...but it seems to have worked.

Can't say enough good things about you just now!
Thanks,

andrew
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them in to the impossible."
Etsy
Facebook
Twitter