Adding colour to b/w photos

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Adding colour to b/w photos

Post by StevenG »

I have a b/w photo that the customer wants colourised, does anyone here offer that service?

I did say I didn't do that side of things but they left it with me to 'see what I could' do :? Hence this post

Any ideas?
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Re: Adding colour to b/w photos

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Thanks, that's a pretty cool site - something I'll get a good look at when I've got the time to enjoy it properly.

But for now, with this pic - I'd rather get someone else to do it :)
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Photowonder offered this service. They used to be on the forum, but haven't been active for some time.

http://www.photo-wonder.com/services/ph ... -services/

You can find contact details here https://www.theframersforum.com/viewtop ... f=6&t=7591
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Cheers John

Good contact to have actually :) There seems to be a few things I can do here :clap:
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Post by silvercleave »

Hey John, just realised yesterday that you are in Belfast, came right past your door on the bus and suddenly remembered the business name

PS: I like the sign

Ian
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Too bad you couldn't have called in for a bit of a chin-wag, Ian.
Now that you know where we are, maybe we will see you next time you are in the area.

Featurepiece, I've done a bit of colourising in Photoshop from time to time and have always been reasonably happy with the results. However all of the really good examples like the ones you'll find here usually take tens of hours to complete. Commercially produced re-touched photos are often the result of a trade-off between quality and what the customer is prepared to pay.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

arn't you getting all those emails from India about editing image and photos, I'm getting them all the time up to 10 a day, can always pass them along to you if you want :giggle: :giggle: :lol:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

JohnMcafee wrote:Too bad you couldn't have called in for a bit of a chin-wag, Ian.
Now that you know where we are, maybe we will see you next time you are in the area.

Featurepiece, I've done a bit of colourising in Photoshop from time to time and have always been reasonably happy with the results. However all of the really good examples like the ones you'll find here usually take tens of hours to complete. Commercially produced re-touched photos are often the result of a trade-off between quality and what the customer is prepared to pay.

Thanks John, I've just spent over an hour staring at those photos, gladly ignoring the stuff on my table btw, I must say some of that work is just incredible! Also, I've now got a list of names to Google later when I get home :giggle:
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Google is constantly blowing me away with their AI technology and this new demo is no exception. Watch this until the end. I currently charge a few £££'s for a service that'll soon be available for free on your phone!!!! :sweating:

https://www.facebook.com/EconomicTimes/ ... 572972694/