World Cup tickets.

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Buster
Organisation: DIY
Interests: Cycling, golf, art

World Cup tickets.

Post by Buster »

I’ve been asked to frame to some World Cup tickets, program & pass badge. The customer has asked for a floating window mount, which is good.. The program is fairly heavy and the customer mentioned the possibility of reversibility in the future. It didn’t seem to be a deal breaker, but just looking for some thoughts/suggestions..
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: World Cup tickets.

Post by Not your average framer »

I have framed world cup tickets and passes before. We have a leading member of a local club, who bring in sizable quantities of football memorabilia on a regular basis and you name it, I've framed it, or at least mounted it for him. Items like this, I like to encapsulate between two layers of Mylar, so that there is no fixings whatsoever on the tickets, or the passes and mount them behind an oversized window mount, with a contrasting colour of mountboard behind.

A second mount in front of the oversized window mounts with aperatures for each item can have just one aperture to tie all the items in the rear mount together as a set. If necessary the front mount can be a double, or even triple mount to introduce coloured reveals as appropriate.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

I would consider using melinex/mylar (clear polyester film) in some way, possibly straps. Have a read through the attached pdf for some ideas.

Lion sells the film.
Jim-Miller-Clear-Film-Mounting.pdf
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

The clear film encapsulation technique in the PDF file on page 4 is the technique I am talking about. It's not only less noticable than straps, provides an all round conservation envelope around each item. I view this as the ultimate long term protection for these items and of course it is fully reversible at any time in the future. Also it's a real easy thing to do. After you've done a few of these, you will find it so easy to do, that it will become your prefered technique for items like this.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Post by David McCormack »

Out of interest Mark which brand of double sided tape do you use for double encapsulation? The 3M 889 tape mentioned by Jim Miller doesn't seem to be available anymore. Cheers.
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Buster
Organisation: DIY
Interests: Cycling, golf, art

Post by Buster »

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice.
Not your average framer

David McCormack wrote:The 3M 889 tape mentioned by Jim Miller doesn't seem to be available anymore. Cheers.
No I could not get it either, so I use a different 3M's tape available from Lion and described by lion as suitable for the same use. I find that it does the job just fine.
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer